Biotek 1 still available to download?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, just bought the W9 and Biotek 2 upgrade package, but can't get Biotek not to instantly crash Logic on load (OK, soon I'll check out W9, promise!)… So, I tried launching B1, which I had an old demo for. Was able to register it, but it seems to be without any content unless I'm mistaken, which could certainly be!:

so…any way I can get access to that while I figure out how to proceed with B2?

TIA!

I also have the same problem with Waveform 9.2.1 bundle installer. It does include Biotek 1 (did not upgrade it), but no content/presets.

Blaster wrote:I also have the same problem with Waveform 9.2.1 bundle installer. It does include Biotek 1 (did not upgrade it), but no content/presets.
Ah, so maybe my B1 came in with B2, not from some old demo download…

Are you by any chance on a Mac, too, with Logic crashing?

For some bizarre reason, the install for Biotek 2 doesn't appear to have content (or at least didn't when I demoed it - and it crashed hard in anything without that content). However, if you go to your account in Tracktion and click on Archives for Biotek 2, it will take you to a page with the downloads for both the plugin and also the content.

Hopefully, you also have access to Biotek 1 downloads and you can get content for that the same way.
However, the Biotek 2 archive is separate, so if your account only shows that, this probably won't work.

It is not listed in my account, but you can reach it with the link: https://marketplace.tracktion.com/shop/ ... e?v=biotek.

Content is a download there.

I'm on Windows.

If you've recently purchased the Ultimate pack with "BioTek 2" included, you should not be using "BioTek 1", nor the "BioTek 1" content anymore. You won't be able to authorise the plugin.

The fact that "BioTek 1" is still being delivered in the bundle is a mistake which will be rectified in the next release.
However, upon launching "Waveform" or "BioTek", you should see the updater showing you downloads to both "BioTek 2, v2.0.7" and "BioTek 2 Content V6". You should download and install both.

The content is a separate download as that enables us to update the plugin without having to issue multi-gigabyte downloads every time. Many users complained when we did this originally so we've separated content from app/plugin files now. But as I said, you should get the update notification when you launch Waveform/BioTek, if not then that's an issue we need to look in to.

If you're not seeing that, or you've purchased a bundle with "BioTek 2", please go to your account download area and download the latest version of "BioTek 2" and the content.

I hope that helps clear things up a bit,
Dave

Thanks, it does:) Excellent idea to separate out the content…

I downloaded the trial version of Biotek 2 today and for some reason it just kept crashing in Logic Pro. Then, I realised that there is a problem with the content installer for Mac, which was not installing any content at all. The folders were empty. After some searching around, I came across this topic, and while it did not help me exactly, Gamma-UT's comment above helped me to confirm the problem, and then I thought to download older Content installers, but they were all the same. So, decided to give the Content installer under Linux a try, and fortunately, it worked.

So, for anyone struggling to get the Biotek 2 trial version to work and not crash upon loading it in your DAW, download the "Content" installer for Linux instead of the Mac version (or Windows version if so applicable). It is a zip file, so it can be opened on both Windows and Mac. You can copy the Instruments and Samples folder from the same to ...User/Library/Application Support/Tracktion/Content. Then, open your DAW and Biotek 2 will load fine. The actual content location will change from the above to Library/Audio/Presets/Tracktion/Biotek after you launch Biotek 2 plugin for the first time. Not sure why is that, but I deleted the content from the original (previous) location once I saw this change. I restarted Logic Pro, opened Biotek 2 again and it was pointing to the new location for the content, so all was good.

Biotek 2 is currently on sale for $25 at AudioDeluxe for anyone interested (< 2 days left as of writing this comment). Not sure I will end up buying it, but at least playing around with the trial version for a bit.

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/traktion-biotek

Return to “Tracktion”