Using z3ta+ as FX plugin doesn't work... why?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I use the z3ta+ FX plugin in Tracktion, it doesn't work properly: The sound gets "blocked" by the VSTfx (with Audio Input Thru on). It only gets through if I click on the keyboard "ribbon" on the z3ta GUI. And since I can't just draw a steady note which would "open" the FX in the MIDI editor (because the FX doesn't receive the MIDI notes), I don't see a solution...

I'm new to this whole VST stuff... and I don't really like it. I love the simplicity and power of Reason. Although z3ta blows the Subtractor away... :?

any tips? *bump*

I do not have a solution for your problem but I can confirm z3ta+ works fine here with Tracktion and I can add as many FX plugs to it as I wish.

Your question is a little confusing.
Can you rephrase it?

You are using z3ta+ VSTi and you are triggering it with an outboard midi keyboard correct?
This is working fine as I understand. correct?

You only have problems if you try to insert a second plug after the z3ta+ in the track. correct?

Are you by any chance putting the VST effect before z3ta+ ? (if you are don't, you can not use sound effects on midi notes)

:?:

hmm I think hes trying to use the FX version of z3ta...

that is.. using z3ta as an fx unit instead of a synthesizer..

I have no idea how to get it working with tracktion though.. :P

I only ever tried it once (I'm not that bothered about z3ta's effects). It caused a huge audio spike and f**ked my hearing for 10 minutes. I never tried it again.

I'm not sure the fx gets on well with Tracktion TBH.

You could use a rack to route midi to the fx plug, though that'd be a little ugly.
Someone shot the food. Remember: don't shoot food!

Hi guys. Same thing had me baffled till I read up and discovered how it works:

By memory: (which is dodgy sometimes, so this may or may not be correct...)

-fx: works by routing incoming audio through the effects engine. Ie, audio should go straight through.

-fx_2: with this one, you need to send a midi signal to allow audio through, this time being fed through z3ta's beautiful filters. :love: The trick is that the envelopes require midi signal to be activated, so unless you send some notes to fx_2, the amplitude envelope will not open up, hence no sound. Some very very cool tricks to be had by playing with this....

Hope this works for you.

Cheers,
littleboyfound
(intentionally blank)

Thanks littleboy! This seems to be the solution (I haven't tried it, but what you say makes sense). Only problem though: the z3ta_FX.dll is automatically on the VST ignore list in my Tracktion and after deleting and rescanning it's there again. So it seems I can't use the FX unit with Tracktion... :cry:

Thanks for your replies anyway :)

Don't delete the dll file itself. Just remove the entry from the ignore list and rescan. That should work.

*Remember to dsiable OSCs when using the fx. z3ta+_fx2 is extremely powerful, but it's takes time to program something decent.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I wouldn't delete the dll, wouldn't make much sense now, would it?! :wink:

I solved this by using the Z3ta+_FX2 instead of the _fx

Return to “Tracktion”