AMR Bass Fret Noises

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got the AMR Bass plugin, love it, love the sound. My "Fret Sound" is toggled to on. When you click your mouse on the virtual strings there is this lovely authentic sounding fret noise when plucked or released. However, when you click on the virtual keyboard, or play through a real MIDI keyboard it is not there.
How can we get this great sound effect in a recording without having to click strings with a mouse?
Thanks!

Thanks for asking, the volume of Fret Sound and Release Sound are controlled by Note Off Velocity, please check that your MIDI keyboard and DAW support Note off velocity?

Thanks for the reply!

Is Note Off Velocity the same as Aftertouch? I can't seem to find anything relating to it anywhere in my controller or my DAW..
I am using Sonar X1 Studio, and an old Korg Triton Extreme 61 (circa 2004).

Thanks

It seems your gears and DAW don't support note off velocity, please do a test, edit some notes on Riffer panel (it does support and can edit note off velocity), then drag it to your MIDI track.

Did you try the riffer suggestion? I have had this same issue with every DAW and MIDI controller except Pro Tools (which I don't use anymore) with note off velocity editing (after track is recorded) and my Yamaha P200. I now use Reason 10 exclusively and it has no keyoff. Ugh. I honestly wish Ample Sounds would find a new way to trigger these samples because keyoff velocity support seems more and more scarce these days and those samples are a huge part of the sound and allure. It's not the same without them and even editing them afterward has a drawback, as that inspirational organic feeling the keyoff gives is missing :( I have found myself using Scarbee basses more and more simply because with their (all be it inferior) noteoff samples it feels more like playing a bass and not simply a sterile keyboard sample. I still think Ample Sounds' are the best on the planet. Just need this addressed.
Last edited by ReceptorNoob on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max (gun metal gray version)

System Version 1.9.20111221

Hardware Version 2+ Pro

2010 Muse R&D

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

3GHZ

Got it, we will do it. thanks.

This is information that I had not realised was apparent using Ample Bass (my bad).
Do you have a list of DAWs that support 'note off velocity recording/editing functionality (or those that don't if it's shorter!)? I have searched online for information about Studio One but unless I am searching the wrong terminology there appear very little information available about this (S1 is slightly limited in midi functionality). I also have but am not currently using Cubase so maybe that is a better option? However the reply from ReceptorNoob suggests this is not common DAW functionality anyway. Any info you can provide to help clarify?
Many thanks.

Thanks we will test note off velocity in DAWs, as we know, Cubase, Nuendo and Logic are in the list.

Thanks for the reply, probably worth me reinstalling Cubase to try out then.

Hello Ample Sound. I bought ABY and I LOVE IT!! I am having the SAME problem in Cakewalk SONAR and Tracktion Waveform. Even when I drag Riffer pattern's to midi track into host IT DOES NOT PLAY ACCENT NOISES. Without these accent noises the user loses what makes Ample Sound so special and better than the competition!!! I bought Ample Sound specifically for this reason. I know ample sound is working on this. Please get this resolved. Thanks

Return to “Ample Sound”