Is it possible to remove a round robin note?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every now and then I run into a note/sample that doesn't sound right compared to the other recorded versions of that same note. It could be for whatever reason like to loud, punchy, twangy, a buzz. Regardless it draws attention to itself when that same pitch every now and then has that same imperfection. Is it possible to go into the files and just replace that sample with one of the other ones or use the note from a different fret position? As it is I have to chop out the bad notes and replace them with the good ones.

Sorry no.
That is our work, please tell us that what note is not good and you want to replace, we will replace it in the next update if it really has problem.

I agree. And as far as I can tell, this has NOT been fixed.

Round robins should be:
1. known. you should TELL the consumer round robin is going on, not let us find this out by surprise
2. subtle. the ample sound round robins are often highly exaggerated. various samples on the taylor and martin 6 strings blare out in uncontrolled bright twangs. it makes it impossible to get smooth mixes.
3. defeatable. we should be able to shut round robins off. it is discourteous to force us to use them.

I will not be buying any more Ample Sound products. As far as I can tell, they had years to fix this but have not. This is shameful and inexcusable. I have bought licenses to many of their products. No more. I'm done with them. If I knew their products were plagued like this, I never would have bought licences.

And what is with this jive response "tell us that what note is not good and you want to replace, we will replace it"? Why doesn't Ample Sound listen to its own products and fix this themselves? It's not "one note" that is bad. The problem is pervasive.

Hall of Shame for Ample Sound.

Return to “Ample Sound”