ABY Apply Riff on chord progression ?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

newbie hear with amplesound bass ABY.

I have the problem of applying the chosen riff on an existing chord progression. Chord progression is 8 bars in waveform. Usually, with all comparable stuff I know I just render the existing track that goes into ABY which has the chord notes for transposing inside for ABY:
aby_input.jpg
This is the riff inside ABY and chord/scale settings:
aby_riff.jpg
And then inside waveform after rendering to midi threw the plugin I get a midi track with the riff transposed to the existing chords. Works with catanya, Riff generation (and lots of other kontakt stuff in that way) etc..

But cant seem to get this to work with ABY so far. Midi drag and drop the same, it only renders the first chord but not the progression. Even if I copy the riff to the following 7 bars, only first chord of progression :-(((.

Really hope their will be a way to do this cause its just substancial and as I said works with no problems in all other similiar plugs I have get to known so far.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks for your suggestions, we will do this feature.

Hi,

thanks for the reply and that you will add this feature in the future but what do I have to do at the moment to get the riff following my chords ?

Is there any workaround or do I have to adjust the key manuylly for evry bar in the riff editor ("key" function there in the lower menue or in the riff dice window ?) and then export it ? Does ABY at all follow incoming midi notes so that it will work at least while playing or does it just stay on that one bar riff forever no matter what notes are coming in ? And do I need a complete chord or just the root note as in my example ?

Feeling really a little helples and puzzled at the moment.

No ideas ? Anything unclear in my description ?

The Riffer is focus on note edit, e.g. Articulations, bend, fingering positions etc etc. it is not a songbook or songwriter module.
You can choose chords in Scale selection, if you need a C7 chord, select Key to C and Scale to 7, click the dice, you will get a riff in C7. drag it into your MIDI track then create the next riff in other chord. the Riffer can not changed chords automatically with your MIDI track or root note. sorry.

Thanks, will have to try it that way then, chord by chord. Really think it would be a great improvement if at least it could react on the incoming notes.

And/or to at least have the possibility to set chords for the already existing 8 bars would be a great help to. I could not even figger out how I can select one of these bars to adjust the chord for it :( , but following your description I think so far it is just not intended for this use.

A little bit surprising cause evry (guitar) strumming engine and bass engine (like the NI stuff) I know could work in that way and even bornemark broomstick bass (from 2007 !!!) was able to do this.....

I see the songwriter feature is useful and we will do it in future.
Riffer has its unique features, those songwriters can not edit notes in detail.

Have a look at these links to fit Ample Bass/Guitar to Chord Tracks:

viewtopic.php?f=285&t=482186

viewtopic.php?f=245&t=493814

As a non-pianist, I agree with tatanka

I'd like to see this feature, midi to chord strum/pick play in AGT.

When I'm writing and I have my core chords down, I usually stick it all into NI's Strummed Acoustic or Real Guitar 5, as they're both fast, instant for getting a guitar track strumming away as a backing/energy pulse for the piece I'm writing.

I just wish AGT was this easy to use.

Don't get me wrong, I love the AGT sound (I own a real 814CE), but I don't like to have to stop writing and start programming.

It stops me buying more of your otherwise brilliant sounding products.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Thanks a lot crossovercable :tu: ,

I have RC so I have to give this a try.

Still it would be great (like you already mentioned in your other posts) to have an easy function to just follow the chords like nearly EVRY kind of instrument/kontakt lib in this use has.

I must admit I could not have imagined before buying that ABY would NOT be able to do this. Like the mentioned before Bornemark broomstick bass from 2007......for me it was kind of a "standard".........

I've been using crossovercable's guide for ABU2 with RC and it works great.

But why can't you just change the key of the riff to each chord root note in riffer and drag n' drop it to the DAW?

Riff follows the chords ? ..... :love: :love: :love: ...... That will change the game !

Following ......

Yes !! it will be like RealGuitar & EZKeys where you will have a chord track in the AmpleVST and you can drag riffs from the riff library down to fit the chord track.
While EZKeys and RealGuitar don't have articulations in the phrases/riffs, Ample will !, setting it ahead as RealGuitar only has patterns that play chord notes only.
This will also allow you to import midi/GPX files more than 1 bar long and refit them to the chord track.
They are busy adding more FX to the Ample guitars at the moment but hopefully after that we will see the chord track implemented.
Yes a game changer !

sonicviz2 wrote: But why can't you just change the key of the riff to each chord root note in riffer and drag n' drop it to the DAW?
Change the key of the riff ? it will not go out of scale if we do that ?
If not, can you please explain your workaround with a simple example ?

Okay, I understand that they are busy with something else.

Everything is already ready in any case, the Strummer is there and it transposes the sequences contained in the patterns, so if only we could use this beautiful Strummer to load and use the riffs!

Return to “Ample Sound”