Automatic Tab Reload

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there an automated way to reload the .gp* tab from a DAW? I don't see anything in MIDI, MIDI CC, or parameter automation relating to it. It would be nice to be able to edit sheet music/tabs, switch to the DAW and hit play, and everything be updated and start playing in the DAW. It appears that currently, if you have multiple instances of a VST, you have to go through each instance and click the "Reload Tab" button, which is a huge pain in the butt if you have 10+ VST instances.

There is a refresh button on Tab panel, but if you need an auto refresh feature in DAW, you have to contact the developer of your DAW, plugin can not do it.

I understand that there is a refresh button on the Tab panel. The tab can be played by sending the "A6" MIDI note (I believe off the top of my head, may be the wrong note) to the VST. This can be sent at any time, and the VST starts playing the tab. The same thing could be done with the refresh functionality: Send the "B6" midi note, and as long as the tab isn't already playing, reload the tab file from disk. The same could be achieved with MIDI CC or automated parameters, and this would be usable from any DAW. I'm assuming this doesn't already exist?

We will discuss that adding automation for Refresh button.

Did you try the Host mode on Tab? Tab can be responsed to Host playback.

Return to “Ample Sound”