Native Instruments

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got two problems with NI plugins:

01 - The browser doesn't work properly in FM8, Massive, Absynth and Guitar Rig. If i search for a specific sound via the browser - let's say in FM8 i mark "Bass", "Digital" and "FM", this selection is gone the next time i start the plugin's GUI after closing it or changing tracks. The chosen sound is not gone, just the selection i made in the browser.
This SHOULD be a NI problem as i can reproduce it in FL Studio and Ableton Live - already wrote them an E-Mail about it in February. They said they can reproduce it and it'll be fixed in a new update, nothing heard from them ever since.

02 - Can't drag and drop anymore in Kontakt, Reaktor and Battery. Probably this applies to Massive and Guitar Rig too but i have not tested that yet. Instruments and Ensembles can still be loaded via double click...i believe it worked prior to 1.0.5 or 1.0.4, right?

Win7 64 Bit SP1
AMD Phenom X4 965
Bitwig 1.0.5
Absynth 5.2
Battery 4.1.2
FM8 1.3
Guitar Rig 5.2
Kontakt 5.3.1
Massive 1.4
Reaktor 5.9

Can confirm the drag and drop bug with Kontakt (3.1.04) (on Win8.1 64bit).
Kontakt instruments without a predefined set of midi controllers and/or host automations
can't be re-assigned anymore via drag and drop from Kontakt's Auto-Section of its browser.

roboklops wrote: Kontakt instruments without a predefined set of midi controllers and/or host automations can't be re-assigned anymore via drag and drop from Kontakt's Auto-Section of its browser.
Oh crap, hadn't noticed this yet. Will have to test. Hope they fix soon.

Redukt wrote:02 - Can't drag and drop anymore in Kontakt, Reaktor and Battery. Probably this applies to Massive and Guitar Rig too but i have not tested that yet.
I can confirm that you can't drag and drop components in Guitar Rig either.

So nobody else gets the weird browser problem but me? Strange, haven't found anything via google as well, seems i'm the only one...good to hear that the drag and drop thing seems to affect anyone using NI though, so i guess this will be fixed in 1.0.6 or 1.0.7.

Downgraded the misbehaving VSTs to their previous versions, everything back to normal again - browser recall works as well as drag + drop does since Bitwig 1.0.7

All is good - except NI tech support, i wrote them in february about this and they confirmed it was a bug and they could reproduce it. Haven't heard from them since. Not even the workaround with the older versions, nothing. Another reason to appreciate Dom and the Bitwig team.

Absynth 5.1.1
FM8 1.2.1
Guitar Rig 5.1.1
Massive 1.3.1

Redukt wrote:Downgraded the misbehaving VSTs to their previous versions, everything back to normal again - browser recall works as well as drag + drop does since Bitwig 1.0.7

All is good - except NI tech support, i wrote them in february about this and they confirmed it was a bug and they could reproduce it. Haven't heard from them since. Not even the workaround with the older versions, nothing. Another reason to appreciate Dom and the Bitwig team.

Absynth 5.1.1
FM8 1.2.1
Guitar Rig 5.1.1
Massive 1.3.1
Yep, just tried with FM8 and yeah browser selections disappear when switching tracks and back, or closing and re-opening GUI. I guess it's an NI bug and we'll have to wait until then.

Well, i'm happy with the downgraded versions as everything works as expected now.
I guess this will be fixed by NI by the time Komplete 10 comes out... :D

Got the drag and drop problem with Kontakt 5 and Maschine 2 as well. :help:

Have you updated Bitwig to 1.0.7? They sorted out the drag + drop problem with NI instruments with that version. Tested yesterday evening with Kontakt and Reaktor, works as expected - don't own Maschine, though.

Drag and drop working fine for me with everything.

confirm drag and drop from bitwig browser still don't work (bitwig 1.0.8 rc1 win 8.1 x64)

load kontakt.dll file : bitwig browser to arranger : fine
load .nki file : window browser to kontakt :fine
load .nki file : kontakt database browser to kontakt :fine
kontakt wave editor-> sync/slice-> "drag midi to host" to bitwig arranger : not working

1.0.8 rc1

Return to “Bitwig”