Bitwig 1.0.4: Many plugins no longer recognized [MOSTLY SOLVED]

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

i found that opposing to previous version the demo of Bitwig Studio 1.0.4 (for Windows) creates errors for many of my plugins while detecting them.
I had deinstalled 1.0.3 and also deleted all preferences before i installed 1.0.4.

My OS is Windows 7 64-bit.

Here are the detailed reports that Bitwig created about those plugins:

UPDATE:
Error reports deleted as mostly solved with Bitwig 1.0.5. See posts below for details about the changes in 1.0.5.
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

What a dumb post. Could you please hide 98 of the 100 error messages?

It would have been fun quoting your post over and over though.

CableChannel wrote:What a dumb post. Could you please hide 98 of the 100 error messages?

It would have been fun quoting your post over and over though.
I don't see anything dumb about it as there are no double error mesages.
No one forces you to quote the whole post...

What it really dumb is that this even happens while this problems was no there in the previous version.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I have deinstalled Bitwig 1.04, deleted remaining files (e.g. preference files), rebooted my PC and reinstalled.

Still exactly the same result.

No problems in my other hosts and for most of those plugins it worked with Bitwig 1.0.3.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Thanks for posting; people will have a nice log about which VST is working or not. And it may be about the time that this list will get fixed properly, after all we are talking about a DAW ;)

Costa Rica wrote:Thanks for posting; people will have a nice log about which VST is working or not. And it may be about the time that this list will get fixed properly, after all we are talking about a DAW ;)
Just found this quote so maybe a fix will be quite fast:
kurasu wrote:1.0.4 has a bad regression in it regarding vsts.. 1.0.5 should be up within a few hours to fix that
Also found that the demo download seems to be for 1.0.3 instead of 1.0.4 again.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Just checked with the official Bitwog 1.0.5 update. Most plugins are detected properly now.

Here are error reports for the remaining ones (removed those that are related DLLs but not the main DLLs):

C:\VSTPLUGINS\Cycle64.dll

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not read VST plug-in metadata
64 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1066598274

Other messages:

Printing plug-in meta data for C:\VSTPLUGINS\Cycle64.dll ...

32 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1

Other messages:

Printing plug-in meta data for C:\VSTPLUGINS\Cycle64.dll ...

Exception Thrown:Wrong architecture for VST plug-in C:\VSTPLUGINS\Cycle64.dll
-------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\VSTPLUGINS\XILS 3.dll

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not read VST plug-in metadata
64 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code 1

Other messages:

Printing plug-in meta data for C:\VSTPLUGINS\XILS 3.dll ...

Other messages:

Printing plug-in meta data for C:\VSTPLUGINS\XILS 3.dll ...

Exception Thrown:Wrong architecture for VST plug-in C:\VSTPLUGINS\XILS 3.dll

C:\VSTPLUGINS\XILS V+.dll

64 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1073741819

Other messages:

Printing plug-in meta data for C:\VSTPLUGINS\XILS V+.dll ...

Other messages:

Printing plug-in meta data for C:\VSTPLUGINS\XILS V+.dll ...

Exception Thrown:Wrong architecture for VST plug-in C:\VSTPLUGINS\XILS V+.dll

Also seems to affect the intsrument version of Xils Lab XILS 3.
There is a new 2.0 version for XILS 3 now. Will check with that one later.

ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Although I don't have any of the mentioned plugs above.. keep up the good work, Ingo! :)

From what I have read some of the dlls you refer to such as the Mixer1.dll in the Korg folder are not VSTs and are dependent on other dlls being loaded. If you have another DAW you will notice that those dlls also do not appear in the VST folder.

I think listing the non-loading dlls could be confusing for some when the real purpose is meant to help you identify troubled ones. However, it is a great feature that I would hate to see go away.

thejonsolo wrote:From what I have read some of the dlls you refer to such as the Mixer1.dll in the Korg folder are not VSTs and are dependent on other dlls being loaded. If you have another DAW you will notice that those dlls also do not appear in the VST folder.

I think listing the non-loading dlls could be confusing for some when the real purpose is meant to help you identify troubled ones. However, it is a great feature that I would hate to see go away.
Just corrected,

Remaining ones (with Bitwig v1.0.5 update) are Xils Lab XILS 3 (will check the new v2.0 later), Xils Lab V+ and Amaranth Audio Cycle 64-bit (demo version).
To be more precise the instrument version of XILS3 and the effect version of Xils V+ are affected (XILS 3 FX and V+ imnstrument version work). The effect version of V+ is needed to use the vocider but you could route MIDI to it (at least when used in Live 9 and several other hosts...).

With Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V there is a different problem reported here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=407354

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Just wanted to mention t hat 1.04 made my Alchemy VST disappear and taking it out and adding back in did not make it reappear. At 1.05 it was still not there however I removed it while Bitwig was open and added it back to to the VST folder and then it appeared in the VST list.

So I don't know if you need to add while the program is open or if it was 1.05 that fixed it, but it's sorted now. So I would suggest removing a plug-in and adding it back while Bitwig is open.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Just wanted to mention t hat 1.04 made my Alchemy VST disappear and taking it out and adding back in did not make it reappear. At 1.05 it was still not there however I removed it while Bitwig was open and added it back to to the VST folder and then it appeared in the VST list.

So I don't know if you need to add while the program is open or if it was 1.05 that fixed it, but it's sorted now. So I would suggest removing a plug-in and adding it back while Bitwig is open.
I prefer if they fix the automatic detection to work properly like it did for most of my plugins with 1.0.5 (and actually also with 1.0.3 mostly). 1.0.4 was a mess in that respect (as you see at the first post here).

All my plugins are detected properly in my other hosts,
Exceptions are e.g. loading 32-bit plugins into Live 9 64-bit.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote: Remaining ones (with Bitwig v1.0.5 update) are Xils Lab XILS 3 (will check the new v2.0 later), Xils Lab V+ and Amaranth Audio Cycle 64-bit (demo version).
To be more precise the instrument version of XILS3 and the effect version of Xils V+ are affected (XILS 3 FX and V+ imnstrument version work). The effect version of V+ is needed to use the vocider but you could route MIDI to it (at least when used in Live 9 and several other hosts...).

With Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V there is a different problem reported here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=407354
Just installed the new Xils Lab XILS 3 v2.0 update (also called XILS 3.2).
Bitwig rescanned on startup but still did not add it to the plugin list automatically.

Then for this plugin used the "Rescan" feature from the failed plugins menu.
After a little waiting the plugin finally apppeared in the list and i was able to open it.

Did the same with Xils Lab V+ and after "Rescan" it worked two after a short delay.

No idea why those are not recognized at the first time. Maybe there is a problem with both of them having both an instrument and a FX version.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Bitwig”