Bitwig Studio 1.0.9 RC1 is online ...

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nickallen wrote: The 1.1 release will have support for multi-VST outputs integrated with our device nesting feature. This means that a VST may embed other devices inside one of its outputs and you can save the whole package as a preset. In effect a VST with multi-output will work a bit like a native Bitwig device with the ability to nest other devices inside it. This functionality will be in the 1.1 release that we expect in the next few weeks.
:hyper: :tu: :clap: :oops: :hug:

nickallen wrote:The 1.1 release will have support for multi-VST outputs integrated with our device nesting feature. This means that a VST may embed other devices inside one of its outputs and you can save the whole package as a preset. In effect a VST with multi-output will work a bit like a native Bitwig device with the ability to nest other devices inside it. This functionality will be in the 1.1 release that we expect in the next few weeks.
Hell yeah! That sounds great. Will we be able to route the multi outs to other tracks?
nickallen wrote:1.0.9 RC2 will be released later today if our internal testing goes well. This will fix a lot of the issues found with the RC1 related to the browser and plugins.
Is the browser supposed to delete files from my HDD when I choose delete in Bitwig? I'd rather it didn't, or at least to have the option to remove from the browser. I deleted a VST when I was testing it and it was totally gone, not even in the recycle bin.

codec17 wrote:
nickallen wrote:
pdxindy wrote:Considering it is a month since 1.0.8,

Can you please tell something about groups/folder tracks? It,s getting a mess with 60+ tracks.... :pray: :pray: :pray:
(i know patience is the key :D )
Group tracks is something that we have mostly implemented for a while now but need more testing and a few small fixes and is planned for the 1.2 release (expected within 1-2 months).

1.1 will have the multi VST output integrated with our device nesting feature, and track groups will be the next big update following that in v 1.2. That's our short term roadmap.

Cheers,

Nick

:party: , also the EDU price is really great..will get it this or next months for sure.
Last edited by llze on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Now when I want to save a new project BWS seems to open My Documents as default folder where to save.
I use other DAWs as well and I never save ANY projects to My Documents.

I wonder if it would be possible
a) BWS would remember the folder where I saved my previous project and use that as default
OR
b) users could select a folder for this purpose in Preferences, like they can now pick cache folder
Last edited by sl1914 on Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sl1914 wrote:Now when I want to save a new project BWS seems to open My Documents as default folder where to save.
I use other DAWs as well and I never save ANY projects to My Documents.

I wonder if it would be possible
a) BWS would remember the folder where I saved my previous project and use that as default
OR
b) users could select a folder for this purpose in Prefences, like they can now pick cache folder

It's probably a nit-pic thing for me but yes, it would be nice to decide default location(s).

Not that it is that difficult to change the save spot but still, a work flow improver for sure.

+1

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

+1
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

nickallen wrote:
codec17 wrote:
nickallen wrote:

Can you please tell something about groups/folder tracks? It,s getting a mess with 60+ tracks.... :pray: :pray: :pray:
Group tracks is something that we have mostly implemented for a while now but need more testing and a few small fixes and is planned for the 1.2 release (expected within 1-2 months).

1.1 will have the multi VST output integrated with our device nesting feature, and track groups will be the next big update following that in v 1.2. That's our short term roadmap.

Cheers,

Nick

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! Thank you so much for this answer, and the roadmap.!! Really like you guys (girls maybe? :wink: ) keep in touch whats going on over there in Berlin! BIG UP! If this all is implented i think its the best DAW out there! And not too speak about version 2! YOU blow the others away for sure! :tu:

nickallen wrote:
SNIP

Hi,

Yes we've been fixing bugs and working on new features in parallel! The 1.1 release will have support for multi-VST outputs integrated with our device nesting feature. This means that a VST may embed other devices inside one of its outputs and you can save the whole package as a preset. In effect a VST with multi-output will work a bit like a native Bitwig device with the ability to nest other devices inside it. This functionality will be in the 1.1 release that we expect in the next few weeks.

1.0.9 RC2 will be released later today if our internal testing goes well. This will fix a lot of the issues found with the RC1 related to the browser and plugins.

Cheers,

Nick
This is huge! Thank you so much!!!
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

It would be great to have a score editor in Bitwig Studio. Planned?

nickallen wrote: Group tracks is something that we have mostly implemented for a while now but need more testing and a few small fixes and is planned for the 1.2 release (expected within 1-2 months).

Cheers,

Nick
Excellent that is great news - really looking forward to testing out the multi-outs.
dsan@mail.com wrote:

It's probably a nit-pic thing for me but yes, it would be nice to decide default location(s).

Not that it is that difficult to change the save spot but still, a work flow improver for sure.

+1

Happy Musiking!
dsan
This has always been a huge workflow saver for me for saving files, especially when exporting lots of audio files, Im suprised not many programs implement this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nickallen wrote:
codec17 wrote:
nickallen wrote:

Cheers,

Nick
Will it be possible to bounce the multiple outputs individually? Or does this feature come with group tracks in 1.2.?

For example, if i have a drum VST and want to edit the snare seperately?

nickallen wrote:
codec17 wrote:
nickallen wrote:

Cheers,

Nick

will there be bounce in place for group tracks also? i just cannot get enough of that feature ;)

:D

FIXED - Add ability to configure "My Library" location and show it by default in the browser. :party: :tu:

Return to “Bitwig”