Tuplets and Polyrhytms in Bitwig Studio?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i really hope Bitwig adds a dedicated drum editor with independent lane controls. the note editor is just a pretty boring place to edit drums, no matter the daw. when i used cubase years back i loved its drum editor.

Geist is a good example. an even better example is the new Skinnerbox Time device for Live. it's f'ing amazing! something like this, but an expanded, dedicated editor and not a 'bolt-on' device, would rule all drum editors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Z-Iro9-EA

memyselfandus wrote:Here is how it should be done ctrl/drag if possible. or something just as simple via dragging. each note is evenly spaced based on where you drag them. endless possibilities with polyrhythms and all sorts of things.

Can we get this in the 1.2 update? doesn't hurt to ask :)

memyselfandus wrote:Here is how it should be done ctrl/drag if possible. or something just as simple via dragging. each note is evenly spaced based on where you drag them. endless possibilities with polyrhythms and all sorts of things.

Pretty please

I'm sure midi stretch will come eventually but in the mean time you can create tuplets and polyrhythms just fine as has been said by using the grid settings. I think most people would find that easier than creating a rhythm and then stretching it anyway, as you can experiment much more easily.

The grid option is severely limited for what I need to do. I can't do all the tuplets I want by using the grid settings. 1/1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32

What about 1/3? 1/5? 1/6? 1/7? 1/9? and so on?

First reply in the thread.
goatgirl wrote:This can be done using the beat time division at the bottom right of the timeline, where you can set divisions of 3, 5 and 7. :)

must have missed or forgot about that :) a great start! but no 3, 6, 9 and 10? and up. the stretch option is extremely versatile with this stuff.

and the big one... what if I need to have 3 notes evenly over 4 beats? or 9 notes over 5 beats?
the midi stretch that I posted solves all of these.

3 is there. And I think that anything that's a double of an option you have is equivalent. So for example 1/16 3t = 1/8 6t, 1/16 5t = 1/8th 10t. Only difference is the terminology.

3 notes evenly over 4 beats = 1/2 3t
9 beats over 5 beats = Dunno, need somebody better at math.

So you can accomplish most, if not all of what you want. If you can't do it all I think all that's necessary is to add 9t to accomplish every case you listed.

Those are just a few examples :) many more that cannot be done yet.

Here is how it should be done ctrl/drag if possible. or something just as simple via dragging. each note is evenly spaced based on where you drag them. endless possibilities with polyrhythms and all sorts of things.

If you guys add this.. this is the best method I have seen. covers every possible tuplet

If you guys add this.. this is the best method I have seen. covers every possible tuplet
If you guys add this.. it's the best method I have seen. it covers every possible tuplet :)

Feature requests go to tech support: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=420129

Forum is for discussion so please don't spam this over and over.

Thank you for the link

Has this been updated in the new update? if so.. I'm in

Return to “Bitwig”