Bitwig Studio 1.1.6 RC-2

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good evening everybody,

Bitwig Studio 1.1.6 RC-2 is available for download on http://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/ ... idate.html.

IMPROVED - Controller script for CME Xkey.
IMPROVED - Allow the note receiver device to receive the note output of devices and not just tracks.
FIXED - Adding a raw audio clip from browser results in wrong length of the clip.
FIXED - Buttons not responding in activation popup dialogs.
FIXED - MIDI CC data not imported with MIDI clips.
FIXED - VST parameters are not restored when assigning a preset to a nested chain.
FIXED - Solo, routings, sends and browser preview became slow in large projects.
FIXED - Unwanted thinning of events when duplicating or copy-pasting automation regions.
FIXED - Changing track mute during session recording makes the track output remain silent even when not muted.
FIXED - Devices with certain modulation routings broke the document graph, causing solo to stop working and output to crackle.
FIXED - Crash when recording automation on the arranger using the WRITE mode in 1.1.6 RC1.
FIXED - On Linux and some keyboard layouts pressing certain modifiers (like Alt-Gr) could stop keyboard shortcuts from working.
FIXED - When extending end of raw audio event beyond the maximum length of the event, the successive event might be partially erased.
FIXED - Resetting frequency parameter of comb device resets to lower value than actually possible.

Please use this thread only to comment on the listed bug-fixes and improvements, and for discussing new issues that might have been introduced with this version.

Hope you enjoy the changes. Cheers!

Volker
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

nice :)

volker@bitwig wrote:FIXED - Adding a raw audio clip from browser results in wrong length of the clip.
works fine now, thanks! :clap:

volker@bitwig wrote:IMPROVED - Allow the note receiver device to receive the note output of devices and not just tracks.
Hallelujah! :-) :clap: :party: :tu:

Big thanks for this one!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

IMPROVED - Allow the note receiver device to receive the note output of devices and not just tracks.
as I see it detects only those devices(and VSTs) which ones have active MIDI-out, so the minimal device which it can detect that's the disabled Note Filter device, it's working beautifully (from nested devices too) so just wondering what was the main concept behind it :)
disabled.png
:hail:
FIXED - MIDI CC data not imported with MIDI clips.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Some great points here on the change log. Can't test it yet but nevertheless: THANKS! ;)
volker@bitwig wrote:Please use this thread only to comment on the listed bug-fixes and improvements, and for discussing new issues that might have been introduced with this version.
OK OK, i'll write to TS :)

xbitz wrote:
just wondering what was the main concept behind it :)
Not sure what the original usecase was, but i've found that it's handy for grabbing the note output from e.g. an Arpeggiator device that's nested inside a modulator device (LFO MOD, STEP MOD etc). One of my main issues with BWS is that nesting a Note FX device inside a modulator device will block its note output (this really needs to be addressed soon, imo), but this new addition allows a workaround for grabbing the blocked notes from the nested modulator.

volker@bitwig wrote: FIXED - Buttons not responding in activation popup dialogs.
Looks like not fixed

garyboozy wrote:Not sure what the original usecase was, but i've found that it's handy for grabbing the note output from e.g. an Arpeggiator device that's nested inside a modulator device (LFO MOD, STEP MOD etc). One of my main issues with BWS is that nesting a Note FX device inside a modulator device will block its note output (this really needs to be addressed soon, imo), but this new addition allows a workaround for grabbing the blocked notes from the nested modulator.
+1
Not sure how to best solve this though - you don't always want your midi merged into the main stream, although this (original) behaviour was easier to grasp. I now have to change all my old projects and put stuff into the chains and containers so they get the midi from modulated chains - not always ideal.

Maybe a Midi-Merge-Container could solve this, together with the Note Receiver?

And/or a toggle in the note receiver to merge with notes from the track instead of blocking them?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

mrfrenkie wrote:
volker@bitwig wrote: FIXED - Buttons not responding in activation popup dialogs.
Looks like not fixed
Bummer, do you remember which message dialog it was? And what OS are you on? Thanks!
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

OK, Tom was faster than me :D ... good to make a comparison :P
garyboozy wrote:
xbitz wrote:One of my main issues with BWS is that nesting a Note FX device inside a modulator device will block its note output (this really needs to be addressed soon, imo), but this new addition allows a workaround for grabbing the blocked notes from the nested modulator.
The thing is, if you use the modulators just as audio fx and e.g. drop one onto a track you probably don't want inner note FX to affect the outer note data.
With Audition browser dropping devices onto tracks might increase a lot (depends of course).
Otherwise sometimes we of course want them to use (and maybe save!) as note FX. ATM we still have to put an extra note receiver behind the desired container/nesting device. That's why I'm for dedicated note FX containers ;)
EDIT: ... or a tick/option on the existing containers/devices with FX slots where it could make sense to output-replace/merge note data.
Last edited by u-u-u on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deleted
Last edited by mrfrenkie on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

volker@bitwig wrote: Bummer, do you remember which message dialog it was? And what OS are you on? Thanks!
Sorry. It seems I misunderstood. I was expecting fix VST windows. Here also buttons not responding starting from 1.1.6 RC1

wow, NoteReceivers can see other NoteReceivers(and the other devices too ofc.) inside the same track so they can be chained together, BWS is getting funny :D
nr.png
(A>B>C>D)

no, u can't create infinite loops, it has been prevented :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by xbitz on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

mrfrenkie wrote:
volker@bitwig wrote: Bummer, do you remember which message dialog it was? And what OS are you on? Thanks!
Sorry. It seems I misunderstood. I was expecting fix VST windows. Here also buttons not responding starting from 1.1.6 RC1
Do you mean you can't use plugins at all? What operating system are you on and which plugins have you tested with?

Return to “Bitwig”