Bitwig Studio 1.3.6 RC-1

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LimEboy wrote:
takaii wrote:
Fjorko wrote:
der_r wrote:Another bug I would like to report is the flimsy layered view in the MIDI editor. Often I want to display another MIDI clip for reference and I have it locked in the background. Then after a while the track comes unlocked and gets focused for no reason. All I'm doing is using the Pen and Selection tool to move notes around. No reason for the other track to get unlocked because I shouldn't be able to select and edit it in the first place.
+10000 - yes this is VERY annoying !!
yes the multi midi layering is cluttering could be improved imense
+1
+1
Also when in multi editing say you selected 4 tracks, and you select or move a clip in arranger, it selects/visualize all the tracks in multi editing. :?:
But overall multi editing is indeed clutterd. :(

codec17 wrote: Also when in multi editing say you selected 4 tracks, and you select or move a clip in arranger, it selects/visualize all the tracks in multi editing. :?:

>> http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6332621

+1 ofc, it should work automatically, + selected track should be always visible in the mixer (it should be scrolled horizontally), so the visibility syncing between the different editors definitely needs more love
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:
codec17 wrote: Also when in multi editing say you selected 4 tracks, and you select or move a clip in arranger, it selects/visualize all the tracks in multi editing. :?:

+1 ofc, it should work automatically, + selected track should be always visible in the mixer (it should be scrolled horizontally), so the visibility syncing between the different editors definitely needs more love
Agree +1. And if you want move midi notes that is on all tracks you should have all tracks selected, but only selected track would be the one that works synced like you wrote and it should not move notes that are behind with it when moving if not the other tracks are not selected
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

takaii wrote:
xbitz wrote:

Agree +1. And if you want move midi notes that is on all tracks you should have all tracks selected, but only selected track would be the one that works synced like you wrote and it should not move notes that are behind with it when moving if not the other tracks are not selected
+1

Hi takaii,
this might not sound relevant but trust me it is:
if you you use commas ànd periods then what you are -trying- to say becomes cmuch clearer, hence your ideas have a better chance of getting thru to developers.

did anyone experienced that 3rd part VST Instruments crash on project load under 1.3.6 rc1, and does not crash when running 1.3.5 ?

Zebra 2 by U-he and Pianoteq 5 by Modartt do crash avery single time i load prject which contains one of these VST.
Notice that i haven´t changed anything. I checked if i used newer versions of the Plugins but i didn´t.

Thanks

powermat wrote: I've got some weird crashes with 1.3.5 (windows 10), screen goes to full grey and I have to log out. I've noticed that all of my task tray applications become actual windowed open programs on the alt+tab screen when it crashes. So I'm thinking that something fundamental is wrong.
Oh god, I experienced the same, both with 1.3.5 and 1.3.6 RC-1.
It's extremely frustrating. I can't pinpoint which action causes it, but it forces me to restart Windows again and again and again.
I have a dual screen setup, and both go gray. It seems to be blank windows overlaying both screens. The one on the right can be dragged away, as shown in my screenshot. Sometimes Bitwig stays responsive, but often it crashes completely, and the audio engine may lock up, unable to be killed in the task manager.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sorry, but NO.. It's doesn't work!

Still problems with "Quit Bitwig Studio" function.

P.S.: CPU spikes. Problems with automation points (can't be created time-to-time in big projects) and etc. All this not about OS X but this is very important things!

Geek Model wrote:Sorry, but NO.. It's doesn't work!

Still problems with "Quit Bitwig Studio" function.

Bitwig is quitting fine for me on el capitan. How about sending in a detailed description of your bug and your system info.

jup, quit works fine here as well, OS X 10.11.2

Bitwig actually quits extremely FAST for me, which I do like :) 10.11.3 (Beta)

I hate the way Logic X always takes an extra few seconds to close/quit.

anp27 wrote:I hate Logic X.
...is what you really meant :p

I dont hate logic, but i love bitwig;-)

All fine here on capitano.
But what do they mean "just before holidays (new roll-out)" at 6.01.16? Is there a newer version than rc1 from december last year?

I want to install El Captain but am scared as hell. My system is running like butter. My hesitation of switchung is because of Bitwig. I have been reading a few threads in this thread. Any other users can express there opinions here ?

Thanks PP

works like a charm on El Capitan here..

El Capitan is fine with 1.3.6 RC-1

Return to “Bitwig”