Bitwig 2.3.1 exporting stems for Octatrack

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm a new user - already very happy. I come from Reaper, so there are some things to get used to etc, so far, so good.

I'd like to know how would I render stems for Octatrack sampler, who need to be 44.1kHz, 24 bit. My audio interface is set to 48kHz/24 bit when recording to great results. I guess thats how my final rendered stems will become too right out of Bitwig, as long as I select 24 bit within the exporting options, right? I've taken a look at the user guide but it doesn't really talk about this within the audio exporting pages.

So, as it seems to me, do I need another program, Reaper for exemple, to change my 48kHz wav. files from Bitwig into 44.1kHz wav. files?

I don't think you can change the samplerate in Bitwig itself, I mostly use Soundforge for this type of thing but in the past I used this a lot and it is an excellent free tool for the job:

https://www.voxengo.com/product/r8brain/

I really wish the Octatrack worked at both 44.1 and 48 correctly, no other complaints though :)

Thanks for the reply and suggestions!

I forgot to mention that if you use windows, you can get Soundforge 11 for $30 at the moment which is insane value. It includes a batch converter which can process a folder of audio files:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/m ... c-software

Astralp wrote:I forgot to mention that if you use windows, you can get Soundforge 11 for $30 at the moment which is insane value. It includes a batch converter which can process a folder of audio files:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/m ... c-software
You can do batch conversion of audio files with Audacity as well.

kpv wrote: I'd like to know how would I render stems for Octatrack sampler, who need to be 44.1kHz, 24 bit. My audio interface is set to 48kHz/24 bit when recording to great results. I guess thats how my final rendered stems will become too right out of Bitwig, as long as I select 24 bit within the exporting options, right?
Interesting question! I just made a test and it seems that Bitwig exports in the same frequency that you have selected for your audio interface. Which means when you change that to 44.1kHz the export file will also be 44.1kHz.

I've had a separate problem in Bitwig, where all my loops I try and export are double the length. Anyone know how to avoid this?

KazRemark wrote:I've had a separate problem in Bitwig, where all my loops I try and export are double the length. Anyone know how to avoid this?
Try setting the loop region in the timeline ( im assuming you are working in the timeline ), then on export select export only loop region.
Maybe consolidating the tracks might work also?

I usually keep a ton of loops in the session view, which I‘m trying to export. Bitwig always doubles the length, which is really annoying when you want to use the loops in octatrack :). I’ll try using arrrange view instead.

It doubles to account for tails (fx or long release on notes) for looping.

If you do not want the render to double, then turn off looping on the clips.

Return to “Bitwig”