Bitwig device Amp: Superb but i think it add some latency - not reported to the host- and you?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really love the sound of the device AMP in bitwig but i think it add some latency:

if i use the mix dry wet knob, i hear some none reported latency, same issue if i use it in a container device like Multiband FX-3 on just one slot.
i could be great if amp report some latency to bitwig.
i'm not a dsp expert and i need your expertise before i report it to the bitwig team.

What is your experience?
thanks in advance.

you could test this by adding negative delay after the device. To get it back in sync.

:tu:
nice idea .maki i will test it and report it here.

24 samples . at 44.1
Do i need to report it or just make a fx amp group....

best to report it i'd say

You can hear it, it phases with the original signal when you use the mix knob. I only use it 100% wet.

Having said that, if you don't use the cabinet settings it makes a really nice distortion / saturation, more useful than the actual Distortion effect for me.

I was wondering about this always, the dry/wet mix button is useless because of the phasing. I thought that's just the way it sounds.

Taika-Kim wrote:I was wondering about this always, the dry/wet mix button is useless because of the phasing. I thought that's just the way it sounds.
This seems to be the case with FX layer and chain as well, unless I'm misunderstanding something. A track with a Test Tone followed by an FX layer or chain with a tool that phase inverts the signal should result in silence when the mix knob is set to 50%, right? There's still some slipping through. In fact, the lowest volume occurs when the mix knob is set to 48.65%. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with improper delay compensation though, I've noticed some thing aren't properly quantized, the Pitch Shifter device for instance can not be set to 0 semitones, it's + or - 0.09 semitones.

Yeah the latency from the distortion/saturation part of the Amp device is a bit irritating as dry/wet balance is a key part of most distortion/saturation workflow.

I understand why comb filtering occurs when the filters are active or the cab section is active, but with both of those deactivated it should be possible to use the amp for general saturation purposes without comb filtering occurring IMO.

Return to “Bitwig”