APC40, APC40mkII and APCmini support is here!

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

moss wrote:
imagine2015 wrote:Would it be possible to add functionality to bring up the first VST plugin when some track is selected? For example : Shift + button above Stop All Clips.
I guess you are talking about the APCmini?
Indeed I am. 8)

Hi,

Is it possible to somehow toggle control between device panel and macros? I've created fx chain for live use, and used the macros for easy control. The (APC40 mkI) knobs however only control the device panel's colored controls, and there seems to be no way of creating device panel out of the macros...

twumpy wrote:Hi,

Is it possible to somehow toggle control between device panel and macros? .
it's shift+pan, it actually switch the "track control" encoders to macro mode

So it was just another case of RTFM! I should read the documentation during the daytime. Thanks for the quick reply gigaherz! :)

I just want to say a big THANK YOU to Moss! The APC mini arrived today, my goal was to have it to control (play and stop) clips, but DANG! This thing, with the beautiful script from Moss, not only has clip control but STEP SEQUENCER, TRACK SEQUENCER, RAINDROP and a bunch of other MEGA dope features! I felt Moss gave me a Push control ala Beatstep pro thing!

Again, thank YOU Moss!!! !!! You r the man!

/Qlas Beats (Sweden)

Using the APC40 MKII and this great script from Moss (thank you so much!!!), I keep having problems controlling Bitwig.

Especially the knobs react very weird, many times they have a delay when I turn a knob fast and they stutter a lot. This is very frustrating when I want to record some fast and precise effects automation, this way it's almost impossible and that was the main resin for buying the APC40 MKII.

Does anyone know if this is a APC40 MKII problem or a Bitwig problem, or even better how I can solve this problem???

Do all controllers have this problem?

Thanks!
John

JPTV wrote:Using the APC40 MKII and this great script from Moss (thank you so much!!!), I keep having problems controlling Bitwig.

Especially the knobs react very weird, many times they have a delay when I turn a knob fast and they stutter a lot. This is very frustrating when I want to record some fast and precise effects automation, this way it's almost impossible and that was the main resin for buying the APC40 MKII.

Does anyone know if this is a APC40 MKII problem or a Bitwig problem, or even better how I can solve this problem???

Thanks!
John
Got the same problems with Win 8.1 in Bitwig AND Ableton.

Tested the controller on Bitwig/Ubuntu on another computer and there it works fine. The problem is obviously neither the controller nor the DAW. Maybe a problem with Win 8, driver or USB hardware port? Which OS do you use?
Last edited by nortle on Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I'm a bit frustrated because since 2 days I'm searching the entire internet for help. So sorry for that.

But it seems that I am the first person who asks for a way, to change the velocity of notes. If you're making music, velocity is one of THE key elements. Even if it's just drums...

Is there a way to configure the velocity values of single notes within the drum / step sequencer? What is the sense of a drum sequencer if I permanently have to switch between mouse and controller? I'm afraid that this never will be solved or answered :(

nortle wrote:I'm a bit frustrated because since 2 days I'm searching the entire internet for help. So sorry for that.

But it seems that I am the first person who asks for a way, to change the velocity of notes. If you're making music, velocity is one of THE key elements. Even if it's just drums...

Is there a way to configure the velocity values of single notes within the drum / step sequencer? What is the sense of a drum sequencer if I permanently have to switch between mouse and controller? I'm afraid that this never will be solved or answered :(
This questions has been asked several times and answered as well. The answer is still: No, because it is currently not in the API.

Great script for the APC mini all around, and many thanks for this!

I am having a problem with the note sequencer. Pressing the cursor button left or right does not do anything. Up and down works fine for changing the scale in this mode, and both the scale change and octave change buttons work fine in all the other modes. I'm confused by this one, because since it works in all other modes, there probably isn't a problem with my setup. And yet, if this is indeed an omission in the script, then I'm really surprised that no one else noticed it yet.

Using the latest stable version on a MacBook Pro.

EDIT: Just noticed that someone else reported the same problem on the previous page. I'll go with the version on github for now, until a stable version with this function is available

Can these scripts work with the APC Keys now?

Cheers

nortle wrote:
JPTV wrote:Using the APC40 MKII and this great script from Moss (thank you so much!!!), I keep having problems controlling Bitwig.

Thanks!
John

Tested the controller on Bitwig/Ubuntu on another computer and there it works fine. The problem is obviously neither the controller nor the DAW. Maybe a problem with Win 8, driver or USB hardware port? Which OS do you use?
I use Windows 8.1 :D

Any idea how to solve this problem??? :help:

Bobby L'Avenir wrote:Can these scripts work with the APC Keys now?
It won't happen from my side since I do not own one.

JPTV wrote:
nortle wrote:

Thanks!
John

I use Windows 8.1 :D

Any idea how to solve this problem??? :help:
Same problem also on Windows 10. I have my mainboard in focus right now.

Which mainboard do you use? Got an Asrock which already attracted attention by some weird usb issues..

Try to install the Ableton Trial and look whether it appears there too.

moss wrote:
Bobby L'Avenir wrote:Can these scripts work with the APC Keys now?
It won't happen from my side since I do not own one.
You should start a donation page to acquire gear people really want scripting Moss, crowd funding type thing. If you hit your goal the funds are released, nice bit of free gear for you to keep and script. Then charge a small fee like 5 euros for the final version, of course free to the few that fund the hardware but charge everyone else. with the quality of the push script people will no doubt about it fund you :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: Pretty please :pray: :pray: :pray:

Return to “Controller Scripting”