DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hi Moss,

Thanks for your new beta.
Just tested. My initial feedback.
- Push 2 seems is detected (appearing) automatically in the setting page when you connect the device thru USB. You click on Add...and done... Works great !

- Komplete MK2 device, are not detected the same way ( No USB code implementation for MK2 ? ). You need to add it manually, and then select the ports... it works, but in midi mode. No meters display...and nothing else. Just keys, play stop as a basic midi controller/

Thanks for the fixes !

yassinex wrote: - Komplete MK2 device, are not detected the same way ( No USB code implementation for MK2 ? ). You need to add it manually, and then select the ports... it works, but in midi mode. No meters display...and nothing else. Just keys, play stop as a basic midi controller/
That all worked in the previous build - can't test this one yet as don't have 2.4

Hi, thank you very much for this script. He improved my workflow very much.
  Funkcion device: scroll parameter banks not working.

aMUSEd wrote: That all worked in the previous build - can't test this one yet as don't have 2.4
Indeed, but no more now with BW 2.4 + Moss beta extension.

yassinex wrote: - Komplete MK2 device, are not detected the same way ( No USB code implementation for MK2 ? ). You need to add it manually, and then select the ports... it works, but in midi mode. No meters display...and nothing else. Just keys, play stop as a basic midi controller/
The Mk II solution cannot be automatically detected since it communicates via OSC with the Native Instruments Hardware service, which needs to be running in the background.

I guess you selected the wrong script, since mine has only 1 input port.

See my tutorial video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ITpKDPCVk

Edit:delete
Last edited by strovoknights on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

And what is your question?

EDIT:sorry delete
Last edited by strovoknights on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VST Mappings for Bitwig

Edit:sorry all delete
VST Mappings for Bitwig

.maki wrote:And what is your question?
I can't use Maschine for operation Bitwig,because Maschine4Bitwig development is stoping
But I did using FlexiDriven, I can operate Bitwig with Maschine Studio.
The touch sensitivity of the eight knobs is also active.
Since I finished mapping I thought about sharing, but posting here was my bad. I'm sorry.
VST Mappings for Bitwig

strovoknights wrote:
.maki wrote:And what is your question?
Since I finished mapping I thought about sharing, but posting here was my bad. I'm sorry.
No worries, was just wondering because your intention wasn't clear to me. Good job!

moss wrote: The Mk II solution cannot be automatically detected since it communicates via OSC with the Native Instruments Hardware service, which needs to be running in the background.

I guess you selected the wrong script, since mine has only 1 input port.
No I selected the right script (I just made a typo in my last comment writing inputS instead or input)

Ok I understand the script uses OSC and not USB.

Still even selecting the right script, using the right port (I tried KK MK2 DAW port, then MK2 Port 1 does not help either) only basic Midi, no screen fonctionalities as in the last version.

Did you guys have the same issues ?

Btw, am using BW 2.4 Beta 1 with Moss Beta1 (one file extension). No other extension or file in the BW extension’s folder. Push2 runs at the same time just fine, without the java application anymore (thx Moss).

Best,

yassinex wrote: Still even selecting the right script, using the right port (I tried KK MK2 DAW port, then MK2 Port 1 does not help either) only basic Midi, no screen fonctionalities as in the last version.

Did you guys have the same issues ?

Btw, am using BW 2.4 Beta 1 with Moss Beta1 (one file extension). No other extension or file in the BW extension’s folder. Push2 runs at the same time just fine, without the java application anymore (thx Moss).

Best,
Works fine here. Did you check the Script Console if there is an exception there? It should also log that it did connect to the NI hardware service.

Hi there, I'm struggling with the osc4bitwig script and 2.4beta1. Everytime I try to assign the script to a virtual midi port in the dropdown menu I get this message:
Screenshot_20180726_231200.png
I'm running Linux (KDE Neon).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JohannesTress on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

moss wrote: Works fine here. Did you check the Script Console if there is an exception there? It should also log that it did connect to the NI hardware service.
Ok, if it works at your side, it should be an issue with my configuration then.
Unfortunately, I can’t test anymore for the next couple of weeks, am traveling atm for holidays.
If anyone else can do the test and confirm in the meantime, that would be great !

Best,

Return to “Controller Scripting”