Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

:party: :hail:

brick wrote::party: :hail:
Please note that when Urs says "we'll see", it's not a promise.

I know , I live in hope though :P

HcDoom wrote:Any chance for granular synthesis in Z3?
What about a granular effect? I use uhbik g as practically a utility in my production for all sorts of things, and being able to route it in parallel with zebra and use zebra's modulation on it would create a lot of interesting possibilities. Not saying necessarily just throw uhbik g in there, but a similar effect would open up a few very interesting possibilities.

Urs wrote: A new design is in the works. We don't do the "big overviews" found in Pokemod and Redux but I think it's going to be very good nonetheless.
Is the Z2 design update off the table?

andresnol wrote:
Urs wrote: A new design is in the works. We don't do the "big overviews" found in Pokemod and Redux but I think it's going to be very good nonetheless.
Nope, it's being worked on right now, as Repro-1 design is pretty much finished.

Urs wrote:
andresnol wrote:
Nope, it's being worked on right now, as Repro-1 design is pretty much finished.
Good to hear :)

"Upgrade from Zebra2 + The Dark Zebra: Free" a very happy chappy so spent the money on Repro 1.

I second the suggestion that Uhe's take on a granular 'oscillator' module within zebra would be an awesome opportunity to explore new sonic territories!

Its been 4 years and 1 month since announcment of Zebra 3. I thought now something. So far these new products have been made because of Zebra 3 research: Presswerk, Bazille, Hive, Re-Pro, also that small reverb plugin.

Kind of wonders what kind of beast it will be :D
Last edited by Elektronisch on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elektronisch wrote:Its been 4 years and 1 month since announcment of Zebra 3. I thought now something. So far these new products have been made because of Zebra 3 research: Presswerk, Hive, Bazille, Hive, Re-Pro, also that small reverb plugin.

Kind of wonders what kind of beast it will be :D
^ Wait, they made Hive twice ?? No wonder it's been 4 years and no Z3 yet ha-ha :hihi:

It cannot be a bad thing to make Hive twice.

Elektronisch wrote:Its been 4 years and 1 month since announcment of Zebra 3.
It wasn't really an announcement. It was more like damage control... - people had started putting Zebra2 sales on hold based on Zebra3 rumours, so I came up wtih this thread assuring that whatever happens, it's better to buy Zebra2 first. Which obviously made sense... :oops:

I think I'm actually more interested in how the GUI of Zebra 3 is going to pan out, than how it will sound.

With all the sonic improvements U-He have been able to spearhead and implement, of course it's going to sound richer and deeper and more complex.

But what improvements can be made with the GUI? Obviously it will get a visual spruce up, but is there any scope for innovations in how the user interacts with the synth?

It seems to me that GUI innovation hasn't moved on that much since the olden days of plugins. Re-sizable plugins are still kind of a big deal, but devs haven't even committed too much to the ubiquity of touch screens (though Fabfilter Pro-R seems to take that quite seriously going by the vids).

With U-He, there's another pertinent question caused by their own product line: how does the Zebra "wireless modular" interface compete/contrast with patch cable designs? Should the GUI work as an explicit statement about why all synths *shouldn't* be patchable? Does it have to be more than - it's just tidier looking?

A granular module would be great for Zebra 3.

But I also would love to see 'presets for modules'. Presets for osc, filters, amp, lfo, etc.

Hive has got a great preset system. But I would like to browse the presets of, for example, the filter with my arrow keys. And folders would be welcome too.

Good workflow is essential to me. Better GUI would also help (Fabfilter's plugins!).

Return to “u-he”