Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Thanks man.

EvilDragon wrote:Zebra 2.8: new GUI and two wavefolder modules. Oh and +/- 48 semitones pitch bend range, possibly.
Love the Jaws wavefolder in Repro-1. Is going to be a similar one?

Similar, yes. This one goes to 7 ripples, in steps by 1 (in Repro-1 it has up to 6 ripples in steps by 2) and has live preview of modulation as option. And some additional parameters :)

EvilDragon wrote:Similar, yes. This one goes to 7 ripples, in steps by 1 (in Repro-1 it has up to 6 ripples in steps by 2) and has live preview of modulation as option. And some additional parameters :)
Even better! Looking forward to the update :)

EvilDragon wrote:Similar, yes. This one goes to 7 ripples, in steps by 1 (in Repro-1 it has up to 6 ripples in steps by 2) and has live preview of modulation as option. And some additional parameters :)
Wasn't there a new reverb too? (The reverb from Hive as I recall.)

Nope, not in the build that we got some months ago... who knows what the new internal beta will bring...

New reverb coming. Same as Hive/Drench/Diva, I think with Hive parameter set (tilt filter on input)

Still thinking 2.8 Public Beta this week?
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote:New reverb coming. Same as Hive/Drench/Diva, I think with Hive parameter set (tilt filter on input)
Yay!

Still thinking 2.8 Public Beta this week?
There you have to ask the donut :wink:

The Donut abides.

My favorite things about Zebra:

1.It has the U-he sound which is incredible.
2. It has enough complexity for awesome sound design.
3. It is a fantastic "performance" synth
4. The user interface is genius. I love how the interface adjusts to what is active instead of showing me everything at once. This really helps when designing complex sounds, but also helps with less complex sounds. Makes my brain happy.

As long as Zebra 3 has these things U-he can do no wrong in my book :D

Zebra is really amazing. I've been using it for some 7 years and is still my number one choice. Knowing that Urs will release a new UI in 2.8 makes me really happy.

My top wishes for Zebra 3 would be:

1) Audio rate modulation much like Bazille does, but with the Zebra workflow. I love the sounds I can get out of Bazille but the cable format is tedious and confusing. In Zebra the signal path is much more clear.

2) Sample based oscillators. Being able to mix audio sources with oscillators or use them as modulators / convolution sources would open Zebra to some uncharted territory.

3) Diva / Repro filters.

4) Diva / Repro / Bazille FX.

Agreed. Repro's Poly and Driven filters are purdy gosh darn swell. Wouldn't mind using those in Zebra some day :)

zvenx wrote:Still thinking 2.8 Public Beta this week?
rsp
Update on that: We seeded the beta team last night. The AAX version on Mac always crashes, one user has instant crashes in Cubase 9.5. It seems that we have another week or so of debugging ahead before we can post this. Which unfortunately makes a public beta in 2017 very unlikely :?

Return to “u-he”