How to play multitracks?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
How can I play multitracks of vsti at the same time in EnergyXT 2.6 ?
Thaks for help...

I guess you do not mean play back already recorded tracks, but play them in resp. record them? From your earlier posts it seems what you want is to play/record each of your eDrum's sounds on a separate track? If so, you must check if it is possible with your eDrum to assign a different MIDI channel to each of it's sounds. I do not use and never used eDrums, so I have no clue if this is possible, but I think it should be.
If your eDrum is capable of doing so then recording each sound of it to a single track shouldn't be a problem. If your eDrum cannot assign a MIDI channel to each sound, there should also be solution, but then it gets a little bit more complicated, because then you will need to use a VST plugin which can send on different MIDI channels - based on incoming notes.
Please check your eDrum's manual and tell us about what you found out, before we go on.
It may also be helpful if you tell us, what eDrum you have.

If you are wondering how to change the MIDI channel of a sequencer track, hit 'O' on your keyboard or click "Show object bar" in the Options-menu.

ZonderP wrote:I guess you do not mean play back already recorded tracks, but play them in resp. record them? From your earlier posts it seems what you want is to play/record each of your eDrum's sounds on a separate track? If so, you must check if it is possible with your eDrum to assign a different MIDI channel to each of it's sounds. I do not use and never used eDrums, so I have no clue if this is possible, but I think it should be.
If your eDrum is capable of doing so then recording each sound of it to a single track shouldn't be a problem. If your eDrum cannot assign a MIDI channel to each sound, there should also be solution, but then it gets a little bit more complicated, because then you will need to use a VST plugin which can send on different MIDI channels - based on incoming notes.
Please check your eDrum's manual and tell us about what you found out, before we go on.
It may also be helpful if you tell us, what eDrum you have.
Thank you for answer, I used a Megadrum interface between my eDrum elements (snare, kick, tomtom, cymbal etc...)and my mac.
Yes it's possible for the Megadrum to assign Midi channel to each sound.
Thank you again and I'm waiting for the rest of your explain :)

OK,

first you should assign a unique MIDI channel to each sound in your Megadrum setup.
E.g. Bass drum -> 11, Snare drum -> 12, TomTom 1 -> 13, TomTom 2 -> 14, Cymbals -> 15, ...
You may to need start with a lower MIDI channel number in you setup, if there are more than 6 sounds, because the last MIDI channel is 16.

Then add instrument tracks for each of your Megadrum's sounds in energyXT.
I would name them accordingly to their intended sounds, e.g. 'Bass drum', 'Snare drum' etc.
Then in one track choose your drum's VST (Addictive drums - IIRC) as output.
Now - as ras.s mentioned - display the so called object bar on top of the sequencer area via pressing 'o' on your computer keyboard.
Select one track after the other and in the object bar set the MIDI channel (named 'M.Ch.' there) according to your assignment which you did in Megadrum setup. Also in the object bar at the right most control called 'Output' select your drum's VST as output (In one track this should already be set).
With this setup you will only use one instance of Addictive drums.
Now select all the tracks where you want to play in/record simultaneously.
Hopefully it now should work as desired.
Good luck,
Patrik

ZonderP wrote:OK,

first you should assign a unique MIDI channel to each sound in your Megadrum setup.
E.g. Bass drum -> 11, Snare drum -> 12, TomTom 1 -> 13, TomTom 2 -> 14, Cymbals -> 15, ...
You may to need start with a lower MIDI channel number in you setup, if there are more than 6 sounds, because the last MIDI channel is 16.

Then add instrument tracks for each of your Megadrum's sounds in energyXT.
I would name them accordingly to their intended sounds, e.g. 'Bass drum', 'Snare drum' etc.
Then in one track choose your drum's VST (Addictive drums - IIRC) as output.
Now - as ras.s mentioned - display the so called object bar on top of the sequencer area via pressing 'o' on your computer keyboard.
Select one track after the other and in the object bar set the MIDI channel (named 'M.Ch.' there) according to your assignment which you did in Megadrum setup. Also in the object bar at the right most control called 'Output' select your drum's VST as output (In one track this should already be set).
With this setup you will only use one instance of Addictive drums.
Now select all the tracks where you want to play in/record simultaneously.
Hopefully it now should work as desired.
Good luck,
Patrik
ok, thank you very much, I will try and tell you if it works well...
Thanks Again.

Erick.

Hi,
I've made all the settings that you told me and it's works good, thanks...
Now is it possible in this configuration to open a second instance of AD?
Thanks again.

Yes, sure, this is not a problem. But may I ask you what is the intention for you to have a second instance? What would you like to do with this second instance?
Also, do you know that you can safe such a configuration as template so that you do not have to set it up again and again for each new project? 'File'->'Set as default project'.
Important to know is only that each time you start with a new project and you load the default project that you remember to immediately after loading you should use 'File'->'Save as...' and give your new project a name...

ZonderP wrote:Yes, sure, this is not a problem. But may I ask you what is the intention for you to have a second instance? What would you like to do with this second instance?
Also, do you know that you can safe such a configuration as template so that you do not have to set it up again and again for each new project? 'File'->'Set as default project'.
Important to know is only that each time you start with a new project and you load the default project that you remember to immediately after loading you should use 'File'->'Save as...' and give your new project a name...
hi,
I want to have the posibility to open a second instance of AD to gain more sound on my set because as you certainly know AD is limited of the number of sound that you can have per instance, for example if I want a second snare it's not possible with just one instance open.
In fact I want to do what's explain in this video : http://youtu.be/lK3NfEX6S1U
Thanks.

There are several ways to create a second instance of AD. I now describe only one...
Goto modular view and just drag AD from the plugins section of the Browser on the left side (press 'F3', if the built in browser is not visible) and drop it onto the modular view. Then right click on it there and rename it so that you can easily distinguish between your two instances of it. (e.g.: AD 2).
Then, in the Tracks view (Sequencer view) just select any existing track or create a new one and as output choose this 2nd instance of AD instead of the first one. This can easily be done from the object bar. Make sure though that you use different MIDI channels for all your sounds/tracks, regardless if the use the first or second instance of AD. The maximum number of sounds you can play back/record simultaneously with this configuration will be 16, because there are 'only' 16 MIDI channels.
Good luck,
Patrik

ok, thank you, for your explanations, I'll try it all...
best regards.

Return to “energyXT”