How to Record with virtual-software MidiKeys or PCKeys?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i tried to Record with my ComputerKeys or/and with an virtual Software MidiKeys in Energy XT2.6, but i wont work. I installed a virtual midi cabel ( LoopBe1) , and connected it to the midi in, and then i tried a lot of other variations, but........ i can hear me playing the VST Instrument, but there is no recording possible. In any other DAW it is Naturalness, and i cant believe that it wont work in Energy too!!!
Incomming Midi signal with peak in Volume, with other VSTs i have the same Problem, like Drummica: i can drag an drop the sample from drummica on the Track but no recording the same with Aethereal, Cubix and other Vst's with in build sampler.

Win7 64, latest Energy version 2.6, Asio4all,

this is not energy xt fault, if you are using a stand alone application such as virtual midi piano keyboard and assuming loopbe is routed in the right way, you have to keep the focus on virtual midi piano keyboard window or the computer keyboard will not work.

There is some free vst that allows to grab the pc keyboard to play midi notes, like this:

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?pl ... rd&id=1428

you just insert it on a new track, then it will be available as midi input on other tracks and it must be focused to grab the keyboard, but at least you don't need the virtual midi cable and it works as vst.

I'm using exactly this "MidiKeyboard" you linked for me. It works fine: i can play, hear the sound can use midi mapping etc. but i cant RECORD to Track......... my Question was: How to Rec. to track not how i can heare me playing some sound.
With LoopBe1 i tried an other virtuel Midikeybord (Freepiano), and it wont rec. too.

it works here, have you selected the track where you want to record the midi notes?

yes, on various Tracks, with different settings midi I/O settings and also with the Modular and Sequencer Tab. I dont Know anny further logical Routing to fix the Problem, but i hope it ist just a tiny Knob or something else whats wrong.
What i do is: With "VST MidiKeyboard" per drag an drop a new Track, open the gui, make midi out routing to vst instrument input midi and it sounds to audio out so i can listen but not record. For recording i select Instrument track, push the rec button and play. Sounds but does not record anny midinote. That all ! Is annything else to do? alternativly i tryed to route "Freepiano" Via LoopBe and other virtual Midi Loop or input cable, a way to the Sequencer. It works also just with sound out, but no Recording is possible. What's wrong ?

this is what i do, all inside the sequencer:
- drag the midikeyboard to a new track
- drag a vst instrument to another track
- right click on the vst instrument track > Input > and enable midikeyboard
- be sure the vst instrument track is selected
- start recording
- focus on midikeyboard GUI and enable qwerty(if you right click on qwerty button it should stay enabled even if you leave the gui)

I'd done exactly the same, but it dosn't RECORD anny Midinote. Hmmmmmm? While im Typewriting this, Midikeybord is working in the background and makes some funny noise, cause it's enabled to Synth, but it wont record anny of this funny noise that i so can't share to you. : (
What else it can be?
----------------------------as time goes by while waiting for answers
I downloadet the Beta Energy, and it works fine, it toked seconds from download to run to record a dudeldei and back to KVR....Hmmmm? All i know now, it wasn't up to me. But what is the Problem? Is it possible to immigrate all my setup into 2.7 Beta?
----------------------------as time goes by while waiting for answers
i solved the NO problem to migrate the Beta 2.7. Update in Version 2.6 wasn't also working as it should do, so i downloadet the Beta and drag the 2.7 Beta file an drop it into the 2.6 folder an overwrite the 2.6 File. That's all, all my Setup is still there, and it is now possible to Record via Virtual-Midikeyboard.

Thank You for beeing there and trying to help, until next Problem with low Energy.

Libondium wrote:...Is it possible to immigrate all my setup into 2.7 Beta?..
just copy the energyxt.exe from the beta folder into your 2.6 folder...
btw you forgot to insult the developer as you did at getsatisfaction!!!

dermichl wrote:
Libondium wrote:...Is it possible to immigrate all my setup into 2.7 Beta?..
just copy the energyxt.exe from the beta folder into your 2.6 folder...
btw you forgot to insult the developer as you did at getsatisfaction!!!

Ohhh i'm sorry that i forgot to insult the devil-looper, but i still cant get satisfaction.
Now i have a lot of new problems with low energy xT2.7. But i dont mind anny more, this software is crap, to manny Bugs and i accept it as it is.........Musik i still make with Reaper, its stable and the Developers are angaged and for the custumers.
But i still love the GUI, the Surface of Energy and i hope that Energy is able soon to give me a good BJ and a Head. Chers

seems like the issue is OUTSIDE the computer, doesn't it?!?

Well, it DID take me a couple of minutes to try to replicate the scenario, but using MidiKeys and EnergyXT 2.7beta I was able to record a test track with very little trouble. It took me longer to download MidiKeys (never used it before, so there was a learning curve) than to complete the experiment, so at least I know it's not a software problem - at least on this end...

after reeinstall Energy 2.6 and 2.7 it seems to work, but i dont know why. I looked the ini but couldnt find a Setup Problem. At least i would like to know what it caused. i had had the lack once again, but after closing and reopenig the Projekt, it's gone.

Return to “energyXT”