how to paste audio part?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i can cut,copy but can't seem to paste audio parts in sequencer.(XT2)
i would have thought you could select an audio part in an audio track and copy it,then paste it at the curser position.
drag works,but is no good for long distances.

spacedad wrote:i would have thought you could select an audio part in an audio track and copy it,then paste it at the curser position
i think this works for me :? ( ctrl+v at cursor position)

thanks for replying.
just figuring out that it seems to paste wherever the mouse is at,not where the the curser is,which is odd.
and if the mouse is pointing off the track area,then nothing pastes.

that must have been what i was doing,setting the curser then moving the mouse away.confusing.

also it pastes to other tracks if mouse points there,which is cool.

r4dio wrote:
spacedad wrote:i would have thought you could select an audio part in an audio track and copy it,then paste it at the curser position
i think this works for me :? ( ctrl+v at cursor position)

ctrl+v doesn't work for me. (EDIT: you need to have your cursor pointing to an audio track lane)

I always copy my audio parts by pressing 'control' on the keyboard and dragging to the new position.

If you do this with midi parts it copies it to a new 'ghost' part which not be what you want, coz then any edit affects both parts. To copy a midi part to a new discrete part, do 'Control>Shift' drag.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spacedad wrote:
also it pastes to other tracks if mouse points there,which is cool.
So it does. That is nifty!

copy+pasting inside an audio part is odd,it doesn't paste at mouse position or curser but directly at the end of the sample.
strange.

edit:sorry,it 'does' paste at curser,or if a selction is made,pastes at end of selection.
and if paste again,keeps on adding to end.cool

pasting audio part puts it on the curser 'if' the mouse is within quantise range!
and also if you keep pressing paste it adds them all into one big joined part!
cool.

but oddly doesn't paste midi parts.

Return to “energyXT”