HoRNet SW34EQ analog modeled equalizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HoRNet SW34EQ

Why not try the competition is this case: MeldaProduction's MBandPass comes to mind.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

The only other HPF filter that just shakes away the unnecessary sonic dust is the Algorithmix LinearPhase PEQ Red. It is very old and crazily overpriced technology but it is super good for this one task. Again, it kind of filters out only what is not your "musical" signal. The other plugins that I tried often made me feel that they grab some chunks of the signal that shouldn't be touched.

This is all very subjective and it is not very often that a super high quality LPF is even necessary . I only need it when I have to track violins or some quiet string instruments with close up mics.

Thanks for the suggestion
www.montrealserai.com
Montreal Serai-featuring diverse arts; poems; essays, cinema & music reviews, coverage of alternative media

I think what you need, is a LPF/HPF that is tunable. And MBandpass goes into that direction.

Take a dive into VSTPlugin Analyzer, look at the PEQ Red Readout, and then try to recreate it with any filter that is tunable in terms of Q. The filter "type" in terms of LPF/HPF is declared by how the slope is shaped. Very simple speaking.

This is all I can give you on the way.

Let's just keep this "emulation" like the hardware - IMO there is no need to funk around with things if there are a load of tools for that already on the market.

At least IMO.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:I think what you need, is a LPF/HPF that is tunable. And MBandpass goes into that direction.

Take a dive into VSTPlugin Analyzer, look at the PEQ Red Readout, and then try to recreate it with any filter that is tunable in terms of Q. The filter "type" in terms of LPF/HPF is declared by how the slope is shaped. Very simple speaking.

This is all I can give you on the way.

Let's just keep this "emulation" like the hardware - IMO there is no need to funk around with things if there are a load of tools for that already on the market.

At least IMO.
I agree, and the only thing I might change is an independant make-up gain knob for the EQ section only, that gets turned off when the EQ does.

A/Bing can be tricking with this plugin, cause there's no way to compensate for the EQ moves done without affecting the whole thing. What I mean is, if you make a EQ adjustment, then turn the 'output' down to compensate, once you press the EQ button OFF to listen, then the output is still turning down THAT signal.

I hope this makes sense, but it's a bit of an issue... not a huge one

electro wrote:Anybody here using the SW34EQ after console plugs? Which combos are working out?
I dont know what it is about these magical Italian plugins, but this baby pairs with Sknote's plugins REALLY nicely. Tho I always use the console emulation as the last in my chain

Hi I'm writing just to let you know that we have released version 1.0.1 that includes:

- reduced noise level
- improved knobs handling
- a more efficient saturation algorithm

The update is free for current owners, if you haven't received the download link, get in touch with us http://www.hornetplugins.com/home/

Saverio

Anyone else having issue with this crashing their DAW? I'm using reaper, just checking if anyone else is dealing with this too.

Hope this gets fixed soon, cant wait to use this new model :)

The new version works great. Thanks for the fixes.

itneveris wrote:Anyone else having issue with this crashing their DAW? I'm using reaper, just checking if anyone else is dealing with this too.
It's crashing Reaper and FL Studio here, too. Ableton seems to work.

64x works with reaper with the bridge

My fault sorry.

Just to be transparent, the new saturation algorithm is written in SSE assembler to process two samples (internally our plugins is 64bit) for each pass so that the algorithm is 2 times faster.

I wanted to release the update as fast as possible but i develop on mac where memory is always aligned using malloc, on windows you have to use _align_malloc instead of the classic malloc, i forgot that and released a flawed win32 dll

I apologize, I've just uploaded a fixed zip, if you own the plugin you can use the link you received, if not, go and try the new demo, it works now.

Saverio

New version sounds great :)

I really like the analog button too for some reason, haha maybe replace the one on MultiComp with this one :P

Last update for Win32 made it all better. Thanks!

Man I love this thing.

So the hi/lo shelves can basically be made to filter things if you turn it down all the way, then dial in your frequency.

The hi/low shelves can also be made to effectively do what a 'tilt' plugin does. Turn the lo to 700, the highest it goes, and the high to 750, the lowest if goes, and have fun tilting :D.

You can even create a pseudo Pultec style low end bump by putting the lo band to 200, and the low-mid band to 150 narrowest Q. Turn the lo band up half way. and the lo-mid band down half way... mmmm.

What else can I do with this thing? It literally just finished my laundry and walked my dog a half hour ago

Tapehead wrote:I know that what I'm about to ask is not part of the original hardware design... but I really would like to have another option for HPF. I do a lot of acoustic, classical music and sometimes I find that a very smooth, gentle filter at 250 Hz with 6dB/octave is the best to really clear things up without any adverse effects. The best one I've heard is actually comes with the Beyerdynamics MC 930 microphones. I have no idea what is different about them but whenever I switch them on I feel that it takes away only what is not needed; just tightens up sound in the most natural ways. Anyway, just thought I would mention this.

Thank you
You would absolutely LOVE Sonimus Satson. It comes with a gorgeous 6dB/octave high pass.. not sure why it sounds better than most other options, perhaps it's placebo, but I absolutely adore the HPF on this one.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”