New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Well I'll be buying spec ops for damn sure. Will it have adjustable fft size as a setting? Changing the number of bins has a drastic impact of the sound of most spectral effects that it's a must have. Something that's smooth and beautiful at 4096 can sound dirty and crispy, but still incredibly useful at 128. Also where can I come hug you guys for beta testing? I own all your current plugins and I also own damn near every other spectral plugin out there. I'd love to help out and make some sounds (and mostly just get the plugin early). Sooooo who can I start tormenting about that?

Best
JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Well I'll be buying spec ops for damn sure. Will it have adjustable fft size as a setting? Changing the number of bins has a drastic impact of the sound of most spectral effects that it's a must have. Something that's smooth and beautiful at 4096 can sound dirty and crispy, but still incredibly useful at 128. Also where can I come hug you guys for beta testing? I own all your current plugins and I also own damn near every other spectral plugin out there. I'd love to help out and make some sounds (and mostly just get the plugin early). Sooooo who can I start tormenting about that?

Best
JJ
Absolutely! One of the only things keeping us from beta at this point is making sure that you can change it on the fly without issue. We currently have a range from 256 to 8192. I'll throw in 128 and check it out tonight.

Awesome.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

thelizard wrote: ...One of the only things keeping us from beta at this point is making sure that you can change it on the fly without issue. We currently have a range from 256 to 8192. I'll throw in 128 and check it out tonight.
I own all Unfiltered Audio plugs and would love being a part of the beta testers team.
Please, let me know if some more are needed!

Same deal here if you're looking for Windows (32 bit) testers at all. I own all Unfiltered Audio products. Years of experience doing spectral processing in both real-time (e.g. Spectrumworx VST) and non-real time (CDP user for 10 years) environments.

Let the begging commence! :oops:

I too am a fan. Well of the whole Plugin Alliance mob. Got the complete Unfiltered and Elysia collection, plus many others. Damn now that I said that there will definitely be new stuff soon so I'll have to agonise over that too.

PA does have a Subharmonic and a BlackBock Enhancer coming out soon. Also on my watch list.

Soarer wrote: I would like to have an option to split dry/wet into dry and wet since I find that turning it towards wet decreases dry too much. Most of the time I want a dry signal at full volume. I try to solve it by turning up input or output gain and just raise dry/wet a little bit.
Or maybe you could change the cross fade curve of the dry/wet so that it stays fully dry until 50% or so.
Quick note: we just fixed this for the upcoming patch. It is in the Options Menu, since changing the behavior would affect old projects.

SpecOps is looking more like May than April. We had a lot of feature requests in this thread and during the private NAMM demos. We ended up doing a significant UI overhaul and feature balance. We now have a feature set that we absolutely love, so it was worth the redo.

The April patches are pretty much ready. We're turning in the alphas to PA next week. There are a ton of awesome modulation system upgrades. I think Dent/Indent fans will especially be pleased by the feature updates. We're also planning on two mini-plugins (in the vein of Indent) for April. This will be another very busy year for us!

thelizard wrote:We're also planning on two mini-plugins (in the vein of Indent) for April. This will be another very busy year for us!
Excellent news forall us UA junkies who simply cannot wait until May and the tempting sounding SpecOps release (all being well). Thanks for you wonderfully creative devices. :tu:

I had been looking at Spectrumworx before I saw this thread - is the feeling that SpecOps would be an improvement? I quite like the demo of Spectrumworx and the price is ok but I am a little concerned re some of the comments in this thread about it.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Also excited about the SpecOps :party: Was sold when I read bout the proper spectral freezing function. SC demo also sounds kewl!

ChamomileShark wrote:I had been looking at Spectrumworx before I saw this thread - is the feeling that SpecOps would be an improvement? I quite like the demo of Spectrumworx and the price is ok but I am a little concerned re some of the comments in this thread about it.
Spec Ops is going to be a new plugin from a developer who obviously care for their products and their customers and as thelizard said they have done new spectral processing "some of which have never been done before". The modulation system of the unfiltered audio plugins is pretty extensive so I believe it's going to be amazing!

Spectrumworx is a great processor but it is really buggy and has been unsupported for years even though many people have asked for bug fixes. I have written to them several times encouraging them to make a bugfix and continue the development but each time I was told that it is not going to happen anytime soon. Have a look at their forum here on Kvr and you will read the same replies. I do hope they will continue to develop SW since it is a unique plugin.

But now we will have this new Spec Ops coming out and I think it's going to be exiting to see what it can do!
Last edited by Soarer on Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thelizard wrote:
Soarer wrote: I would like to have an option to split dry/wet into dry and wet since I find that turning it towards wet decreases dry too much. Most of the time I want a dry signal at full volume. I try to solve it by turning up input or output gain and just raise dry/wet a little bit.
Or maybe you could change the cross fade curve of the dry/wet so that it stays fully dry until 50% or so.
Quick note: we just fixed this for the upcoming patch. It is in the Options Menu, since changing the behavior would affect old projects.
Great! Thanks for implementing this! Looking much forward to it.

If there any beta spaces left I would be more than happy to delve into this, I've been using FFT for more than a decade and I beta'd and built a preset collection for SpectrumWorx. Plus I know how to prove and report a bug, and will always have endless feature requests (probably not such a good thing.. ;) )

Hey Michael what about delays? Will Spec Ops have a spectral delay?

I do not want to hack this thread, but after a longer period of comparing with others, I just got Sandman Pro. And I am interested in this 'new thing', yes.
My question is about activation/registration.
I am on this single computer which may be unconnected to the Internet soonish. Or not. Can I activate Sandman Pro online and still be offline?
How did you do it?
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Return to “Effects”