New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

It would be good if Sandman Pro emptied the delay buffer when bypassing the plugin (in Logic).

morelia wrote:Sorry, this promotion is not available in your region.
In France too.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

thelizard wrote:Also good news: we're running a Twitter contest on this page: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news ... ntest.html Following us on Twitter will enter you to win, and retweeting the contest will add two more chances. The grand prize is all of our plugins. Two other people will win an Unfiltered plugin of their choice.
To save this thread from becoming an encyclopedia of country names, the terms and conditions say it's US only.

Stupid drunken post - removed
Last edited by mutantdog on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unfortunately, yeah, I think it's a legal complication of the Gleam app. I know that there are a lot of weird, arcane laws involving contests across borders, so that's my theory. We're doing this contest with Plugin Alliance, so I've reached out to see if it is, in fact, an unfortunate limitation of Gleam. Believe me, I would not intentionally lock out the majority of our audience :/

A bit OT since everyone is talking about the contest,

But I want to ask for a simple request, (Maybe it's not simple) but is it possible to add a bypass button to the Pitch Shifter in Fault so it brings the latency down?

Cheers
Last edited by V0RT3X on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

I actually made a Twitter account so I could participate. Go Unfiltered Audio!

Sandman Pro FR: Sleep Buffer snap to synced values!

Also it would be great if there could be kind of a readout value showing where your current modulator value is at (at the destination). For example if you want to modulate delaytimes or pitch with an LFO it is very difficult to see which delay times/pitch values the LFO is shifting between. The only indication is the position of the modulated knob's mod range.
Last edited by Soarer on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soarer wrote:Sandman Pro FR: Sleep Buffer snap to synced values!

Also it would be great if there could be kind of a readout value showing where your current modulator value is at. For example if you want to modulate delaytimes or pitch with an LFO it is very difficult to see which delay times/pitch values the LFO is shifting between. Only indication is the position of the modulators range on that mod destination knob.
Yeah synced sleep buffer would be gnarly!

Any news about the upcoming Instrument, UA? Teasers, please.

Hez wrote:
Soarer wrote:Sandman Pro FR: Sleep Buffer snap to synced values!

Also it would be great if there could be kind of a readout value showing where your current modulator value is at. For example if you want to modulate delaytimes or pitch with an LFO it is very difficult to see which delay times/pitch values the LFO is shifting between. Only indication is the position of the modulators range on that mod destination knob.
Yeah synced sleep buffer would be gnarly!
This would be really nice. When the step-sequencer modulator appeared I got quite excited as I thought it could potentially make SM Pro into a viable break chopper. Unfortunately you can't control the playhead directly and it just continues until it hits a range selection edge. Direct playhead control would be very nice indeed, though I can see how this would be very tough to implement. You'd possibly need a separate 'trigger from buffer start' and 'play/stop' mod destinations so the playhead knows if it should be moving and where it should be moving from.

edit: Apologies, just spotted we're in no way talking about the same thing. I saw 'synced sleep buffer' and got a little ahead of myself :lol:

I have a question about SpecOps: when I use FFT size 16384 or 32768, I always get cracking in my sound, even if all three effects are on 0%. The CPU use shown in Reaper is not high at all, around maximum 10% (I have an i7 - 3930 at 3,2 GHz).

I have this problem on Reaper 5.8, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM.

Is this a bug or is it really a problem with the CPU ? I can't imagine the latest as my PC has no problem with FFT sie of 132000 in PaulXStretch or 65536 in GRM Tool Evolution...

Thanks in advance

Wanterkeelt wrote:I have a question about SpecOps: when I use FFT size 16384 or 32768, I always get cracking in my sound, even if all three effects are on 0%. The CPU use shown in Reaper is not high at all, around maximum 10% (I have an i7 - 3930 at 3,2 GHz).

I have this problem on Reaper 5.8, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM.

Is this a bug or is it really a problem with the CPU ? I can't imagine the latest as my PC has no problem with FFT sie of 132000 in PaulXStretch or 65536 in GRM Tool Evolution...

Thanks in advance
What happens if you render the audio?

It is likely that there is a CPU spike. The problem is that the CPU spike is extremely brief, so some DAWs have trouble displaying that the CPU is being spiked. Some DAWs CPU graphs are averages over the past n samples, while other display the highest value over the past n samples. In some situations, the display refresh rate won't show that value generated by the spike. It's all rather variable, unfortunately.

V0RT3X wrote:A bit OT since everyone is talking about the contest,

But I want to ask for a simple request, (Maybe it's not simple) but is it possible to add a bypass button to the Pitch Shifter in Fault so it brings the latency down?

Cheers
I'm not certain but I think all the processing in fault is in the frequency domain so you can't drop the transform latency without bypassing everything. I'd like to see adjustable fft size though to control the latency and all around sound.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

tapiodmitriyevich wrote:Any news about the upcoming Instrument, UA? Teasers, please.
+1
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Return to “Effects”