T-RackS 5 (5.0.1 update,information about free CS version, release date countdown added)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS CS T-RackS Saturator X

The Jampoints (30%) / Gear Credits system confuses me and I have to say that it has definitely stopped me from purchasing more from IKM. The shopping cart isn't even smart enough automatically work out your Jampoint reward enttitlement. It's very clunky.

Who said don't think of Gear Credits as money? What else could it be? It's IKM's currency and you have to exchange real money for it.

I wonder about my personal upgrade cost to T-Racks 5 using Jampoints but I cringe at all the facepalms I'll have to endure to figure it out, not to mention Custom Shop app needing a full reinstall to update before I can do anything.

They don't make it easy.

Personally, I would like to see more shortcut keys where we can jump from module to module without the need to click on the chain or the ability to copy and past plugin settings to another chain without the need to actually save and load them for a more fluent experience.

Actually dragging a module onto another song on the playlist should allow us to copy a duplicate effect over. If there is already one of those plugins we could be prompted whether we want to "Add" to the chain, or "Replace" the plugin.

When mixing in parallel as soon as you open up the parallel chain there is huge jump in volume level. It would be nice if this was automatically compensated for. Perhaps we can get a blend knob at the junctions so we can decide on what ratio of blend we want, or even to mute one chain while we setup the other.

I've got to say that One processor is quite good, I almost feel a bit dishonest using it. It kind of feels like I'm cheating bit somehow. Haha!!
Last edited by simon.a.billington on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry to hear that some are confused over how to use Gear Credits and/or JamPoints.

The support team have created some videos on topics like installation & authorization, mobile hardware, and one on using Custom Shop which covers Gear Credits in case that might be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21RKnmNYRjc

Yeah, orange tree sample automatically calculates our rewards.

When will be a sale for credits again? It's really hard to pay full price for them, looking back at the great sales you all had before.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

bill45 wrote:Yeah, orange tree sample automatically calculates our rewards.

IMO Orangetree has the best website in the marketplace,it clearly shows you what you've bought.
It's easy to figure out how much a product will cost on it's own or in a bundle.
The Orange Slice(reward program) is setup with clarity for the customer & quite generous.
When they have sales everything is clear and easy to understand.
Support is quick,painless and effective.
I always feel Greg has a approach that's friendly,totally transparent and promotes trust and loyalty with his customers.
As of right now I have everything OTS has ever released except 2 libraries,other companies can and I think should learn from Orangetree how to market their products the right way............ :tu:
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

soulone82 wrote:
braj wrote:If you don't understand how to play the game with IK, you will spend more than you should.
That´s the reason IK uses such a crappy system. They don´t want to reward their customers. Otherwise they would have adopted a system like PSP´s or Sknote´s.

Remember their slogan? IK Multimedia, Marketing first.
JamPoints?
Harry_HH wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Except that people get very deep discounts on Gear Credits - either via bulk purchase or some great promos we've had with them - and use them to purchase gear (especially a la carte which is a big part of why they exist - buy in bulk, and still get a great deal on a la carte gear when buying outside of Collections). Also, almost all of the orders I see from repeat customers use JamPoints so I'd say most people don't consider them "nonsense" at all.
What makes the IK "jampoints" less lucrative, is the fact, that a) its limited only to 30 % of the product price, and b) when buying from the IK store, you pay VAT. This annuls the value of the "jampoints", comparing the purchase from the dealer. Doesn´t sound a very good deal to me.
To make the "jampoint-thingy" really generate value to the customer, IK should either increase the share one can cover with the "jampoints", or let the customer use "jampoints" in the dealer shops, too.
Its not any rocket science...
It was 50% but JamPoints were not usable on sale items, so following User requests to widen the scope, IK Multimedia did so, but changed the amount to 30%.

As for the VAT - that;'s down to your Government and the EU.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Except that people get very deep discounts on Gear Credits - either via bulk purchase or some great promos we've had with them - and use them to purchase gear (especially a la carte which is a big part of why they exist - buy in bulk, and still get a great deal on a la carte gear when buying outside of Collections). Also, almost all of the orders I see from repeat customers use JamPoints so I'd say most people don't consider them "nonsense" at all.
And all this applies...except for the latest promotion you are doing :D

p.s. i havent recieved a replay from you :)

Got lots of IKM products but still think their jam/gear system is total crap, insult to their loyal customers.
Why don't you copy Fabfilter, PSP system? That's how it should be done.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Except that people get very deep discounts on Gear Credits - either via bulk purchase or some great promos we've had with them
In fairness, the credit to € ratio used to be very attractive 3 or 4 years ago. I still have emails where I bought 20 credits for €16 (1.25 credit/€) and 120 credits for €80 (1.5 credit/€). Now you have to buy 150 credits before you get that deep discount (and the ratio is only 1.11 credit/€ so significantly less than it used to be).

The promo you had, where you could buy double the credits for the same price was, I think, 2 or 3 years ago now.

There is no incentive for me to buy credits when I can just pay the same amount using real money.

The jampoint thing I have no issue with at all and I think it works well if (IF) you don't need to pay VAT when buying from the IK site. If you do, then it's actually cheaper to go to a US dealer and pay their price without jampoints - the lack of VAT and the favourable £/$ rate works out very well for a UK buyer. But the VAT isn't IK's problem and there's nothing they can do about it, so I'm not moaning about it. I'm sure for a lot of people, or businesses that are VAT registered so can claim the VAT back, jampoints are an extremely generous reward.

The other thing is, while the £/$ rate is great at the moment (a strong-ish pound), the £/€ isn't so good (a strong euro), so $100 is about £72, whereas €100 is about £89! A massive difference that means that buying from the IK site is very expensive - then add the VAT on and something I can buy from a US dealer for £72 works out to about £107 if I buy it from IK directly. Even with the jampoints, it's still £75. If I could buy from IK using dollars, even with the VAT and using my jampoints that would come to £61 which is quite a difference. But I can't, so that's the end of that.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

DarkStar wrote: What makes the IK "jampoints" less lucrative, is the fact, that a) its limited only to 30 % of the product price, and b) when buying from the IK store, you pay VAT. This annuls the value of the "jampoints", comparing the purchase from the dealer. Doesn´t sound a very good deal to me.
To make the "jampoint-thingy" really generate value to the customer, IK should either increase the share one can cover with the "jampoints", or let the customer use "jampoints" in the dealer shops, too.
Its not any rocket science...
It was 50% but JamPoints were not usable on sale items, so following User requests to widen the scope, IK Multimedia did so, but changed the amount to 30%.

As for the VAT - that;'s down to your Government and the EU.[/quote]

Wheter the VAT is Government or any other source, I was just telling the fact: from the buyer´s point of view, he/she has option either to buy IK products from the dealer or from the IK store, and the fact is, that the "jampoints" i the present form is nonsense, because the final price is often higher, when you buy the directly from the IK store, even with the full "jampoints" reduction. If the IK really will reward the loyal customer, IK should either accept "jampoints" via the spesific delaers, or increase the share the buyer can cover with the "jampoints". E.g. I have had about 150 "jampoints" laying in my IK account for ages, no use for them, simply because doing purchases somewhere else than in the IK store, is more economical for me.
IK should look at the total picture, and change their reward system in the way, that is really rewards the loayl customers in the real world, not just in theory. :idea:

We cannot circumvent the legal requirement to charge the proper taxes. US dealers should also be charging you the appropriate tax for your location. We cannot circumvent the law. If we were able to do that, we'd be even more successful a company ;-) Kidding, of course, it is legally required and we cannot control it. As I usually say, please speak to your government representatives if you feel the taxes you are required to pay per their laws is unfair or unjust.

We also are more than OK with you purchasing IK products from dealers - we love our dealers and they, too, comply with the laws even if some here may flaunt finding a way to circumvent that without being detected by the dealers who most certainly do want to comply with the law at every possible step.

cprompt wrote: There is no incentive for me to buy credits when I can just pay the same amount using real money.
Except that when you buy in bulk you are not paying the same amount: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/?start=0&cat2=tokens

The typical price per Gear Credit is far lower than $/€1 (since we of course also have that data, being a business that tracks appropriate metrics to see what works and what does not, and again JamPoints and Gear Credits do have hard data backing them up as effective and useful for a large majority of our customers, though also again - anything can and will be improved over time).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: ...
We also are more than OK with you purchasing IK products from dealers - we love our dealers and they, too,..

No doubt - but where´s the loyal customer reward incentive, in that case?

Can i do "ny compression" in the t-racks standalone?
If not, my wish would be then to add wet/dry in the compressors

Return to “Effects”