ChineeKong V2 released

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gustar wrote:
I have now read several of your posts that were highly inappropriate. You become very rude and even insulting as soon as somebody critizices anything about KongAudio.
Several posts? You mean the ones directing people toward common sense? You mean the ones that defend against racist slurs? You mean the ones that argue against those who complain that a first-year anniversery discount of 10% is too little while KA was giving away any product you choose in the KVR contest every week?

Which several posts are you talking about? Can you qualify this? Or are you upset because I responded in kind to the following insulting, rude and baseless comment:
... and do it again next time you reformat your machine, and again until maybe one day KongAudio [sic] aren't there to authorize it anymore. And to think - pirates aren't affected by this issue!
THAT kind of disinformation does not deserve polite repartee.

OTOH, if you have a personal grudge with me then PM it and keep it out of the threads.

Otherwise, you could have helped by just stating as you did without your additional impertinent remarks what anyone who cares to look can see: "...You could have mentioned that KongAudio has promised to hand out protection free software if they have to quit business, that it is possible to authorise your software from any computer via email (not just your DAW) and that KongAudio is usually very fast in authorising the product."

I don't mean to sound or act too heavy-handed -- I am merely trying to ensure that people enter into constructive dialogue and stop making false claims and hurtful, irrelevant comments. Sorry if I don't dance around such posts with a 'hey ho yumpin yimminy' style -- I just get tired of it.

Don't get me worng though -- the Kong Audio people are wonderful people and liable to let any crap comment fly by -- simply ignoring it for what it is. I'm not that amiable when it comes to racals mouthing off -- and perhaps you'll understand this when you've been around here a bit longer. ;)

The KA peeps are close friends and associates and I helped them out when they first started up. We all live and work here in Beijing. Maybe I am a bit too defensive sometimes, but I just want to see them get a fair go, and I bet if you were in similar circumstances, you'd do the same. :shrug:

Cheers,
Alex 8)

Which several posts are you talking about? Can you qualify this?
I am referring to this thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... =kongaudio

and for example that quote:

"Moronic" to you maybe -- Anything else helpful to add or you just enjoy acting like a stupid, spoilt whinging little prick?
I feel that this kind of behaviour is not helpful to KongAudio. Other KVR members have expressed that feeling as well in the thread mentioned above.

If you're acting on KongAudios behalf, every comment deserves polite repartee. Believe me: State your point friendly and polite and people will say "Wow, look, the guys from KongAudio are really nice, even though that guy didn't like their product". Act like an angry 5-year-old and you will damage KongAudios reputation.
OTOH, if you have a personal grudge with me then PM it and keep it out of the threads.
Quite honestly, I have no problem with you, but I do have a problem with people being rude. You would have been warned or even banned from several other forums I know for your replies. I posted that comment since I will not buy from a company that insults its potential customers and I would like to know if you're an official part of KongAudio or just stating your private opinion.

Cool down guys, please.

Shan and I are aware of different views regarding the copy protection scheme issue. We are users of other people's software too, so we do understand the concern some people may have.

Our copy protection scheme might change in the future, but not anytime soon. Therefore we have to disappoint some potential customers as the result, unfortunately.

Since there is no point in arguing about the ups and downs of C/R scheme, we can only back up our decision with on-going efforts to keep running an honest business in our every step. We thought we probably have earned some credibilities by now - but then again, maybe not. ;)

Thanks for everyone's input, as always.

xander wrote:put yourself in a developers shoes for just 30 seconds and try to empathise with what it feels like to see several thousand hours of sweat and tears end up offered for free to every mad bastard download-freak on the planet.
I hear you. But it's all been offered for free anyway (I don't use any pirate software any more out of personal ethical reasons, not because of Draconian copy protection, but I know people using cracked Kong stuff). My beef is that such copy protection inconveniences the legitimate end-user while barely slowing piracy down.
xander wrote:Fourth, if your mind is too foggy/weak/inebriated to keep your DAW in good enough shape then you're the loser and you shouldn't be using sophisticated, high-Q virtual instruments on it.
That problem has more to do with Microsoft. And being rude about it doesn't make you seem any more clever.
xander wrote:Fifth, if you wanna pick on developers and their methods of copy protection, why don't you go pick on the rich guys like NI, Image-Line, Steinberg, et all with their REALLY funky CP schemes and let the small fry breathe a little. You know why you don't? Because only devs similar in size and kind to KA will take the time to personally respond to you.
I do pick on the rich guys. I pick on anyone who uses copy protection that inconveniences the end-user more than it does pirates. I don't buy anything from them, and I endorse their alternatives wherever possible. Interesting examples though - I think Image-Line have the balance about right.
xander wrote:Sixth, Myth busting: There is no universal developer endorsement of 'we must live with the necessary evil of piracy' or 'it's OK to "try before you buy" our fully functional product and pay us for it when you bloody well please'. It's piracy and it's illegal and it hurts -- pure and simple.
'Myth busting?' :wink: I woke up one day to exactly this point, and don't use pirate software any more. This is one of the reasons I object to the pirates getting the most convenient versions of software while the legit users have to deal with ineffective copy protection.
xander wrote:Inconvenient? Sure it is -- and WE ALL pay the price -- user and dev, because the pirates are far better supported than most devs ever will be. It's a fight to stay alive.
A fight to stay alive! It sounds so exciting! I still object to devs who don't see that if their copy protection is not working, they should scrap it and seek alternatives. There's nothing wrong with making mistakes as long as we learn from them - so kudos to Izotope for scrapping PACE when most of their user base rallied against it.

If you have a background in software piracy, or know someone who does, you know the sort of places to look - the KongAudio plugins are available, and with no c/r hassle. Why should pirates have it so easy, while the people who actually pay for the products have to deal with the physical inconveniences of mistrust?

People are fortunate having KVR because it allows many people to directly interact with a lot of VST developers. It's a rather unique priviledge in my opinion -- lots of companies do not bother to interact with their customers on such a personal level -- most likley because of the hassle of dealing with people who are whinging about their discount rate or CP.

I've had Pace, dongles, I-Lok -- all of them for years -- doesn't bother me a bit and I have never had a problem with any of them functionally -- maybe I'm lucky. In Kong Audio's case, the CP used is minimal and friendly, so any argument about that here is a sad one.

If someone doesn't like the CP or the price, then they don't buy it -- simple. No need to whine and whinge about it. Just make your point, which is duly noted, and move on.

Speaking of rudeness and why I may respond a little this side of brusque lately, check out this thread where I helped some jerk named Jarvis get banned for life:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

xander wrote: I've had Pace, dongles, I-Lok -- all of them for years -- doesn't bother me a bit and I have never had a problem with any of them functionally -- maybe I'm lucky. In Kong Audio's case, the CP used is minimal and friendly, so any argument about that here is a sad one.
Yeah, I use those USB dongles and other forms of copy protection, and honestly I can't say I've found a copy protection that was an annoyance. Kong Audio's is especially simple and hassle-free, and like I said before, I've formatted my computer several times, and the old codes still work.
xander wrote: Speaking of rudeness and why I may respond a little this side of brusque lately, check out this thread where I helped some jerk named Jarvis get banned for life:

Yeah, I was pretty offended at his racist and demeaning remarks, too. I'm surprised Shane1980 responded with such politeness!

As for the discount promo thing, I think some people get a bit spoiled by those 50% off sales, and start expecting every company to do such a discount. But what they forget is how much hard work and money the developer invests in their products, so doing such a discount could be out-of-the-question for some smaller developers. Not to mention they're probably already selling it for a very decent price.

As for the Kong Audio promo, it was a gift to their future customers. Nobody told them they had to do such a promo deal at all. And then people complain that the gift wasn't big enough?

Gregjazz wrote:
xander wrote: I've had Pace, dongles, I-Lok -- all of them for years -- doesn't bother me a bit and I have never had a problem with any of them functionally -- maybe I'm lucky. In Kong Audio's case, the CP used is minimal and friendly, so any argument about that here is a sad one.
Yeah, I use those USB dongles and other forms of copy protection, and honestly I can't say I've found a copy protection that was an annoyance. Kong Audio's is especially simple and hassle-free, and like I said before, I've formatted my computer several times, and the old codes still work.
Indeed mate. My first ever dongle experience was the one that came with C-Lab Notator which I ran on my Atari 1040ST -- I was so rapt with midi and the whole computer-seq thing when it first came out that old dongle still has pride-of-place on me mantle! :) To wit: Dongles have been around longer than most people have. :hihi:
xander wrote: Speaking of rudeness and why I may respond a little this side of brusque lately, check out this thread where I helped some jerk named Jarvis get banned for life:

Yeah, I was pretty offended at his racist and demeaning remarks, too. I'm surprised Shane1980 responded with such politeness!
That's typical of these guys -- and genuine, but I know those kind of comments hurt and are especially perplexing -- especially to my wife and family. Ben & the mods ask that we help to keep a certain level of behavior in KVR, and in this case I was more than happy to oblige. It's also the grandpa in me that wants give a wayward child a right good smack on the arse too :hihi:
As for the discount promo thing, I think some people get a bit spoiled by those 50% off sales, and start expecting every company to do such a discount. But what they forget is how much hard work and money the developer invests in their products, so doing such a discount could be out-of-the-question for some smaller developers. Not to mention they're probably already selling it for a very decent price.

As for the Kong Audio promo, it was a gift to their future customers. Nobody told them they had to do such a promo deal at all. And then people complain that the gift wasn't big enough?
Indeed! ;) And giving away free prizes of your choice! We've got our 'soccer hooligans' in KVR no doubt -- a crowd of little men that gang up in any thread that gives them a chance to strut and mouth off.

But there's also some people who have no clue about what is still a fragile industry and they somehow conclude that all s/w developers are riding around in Ferraris and retiring in Hawaii (if only this were true :hihi: ) I'd say at least 90% of the VST devs do it more for the love of it than for the money -- and ALL those I know personally have a day job. :lol:

Cheers Greg,
Alex 8)

xander wrote: Indeed mate. My first ever dongle experience was the one that came with C-Lab Notator which I ran on my Atari 1040ST -- I was so rapt with midi and the whole computer-seq thing when it first came out that old dongle still has pride-of-place on me mantle! :) To wit: Dongles have been around longer than most people have. :hihi:
Hahah, yeah, some copy protection used to be way more inconveniencing than today. I remember 3D Studio (the early versions, long before 3Dsmax) had a dongle that took up your serial port or something. (or parallel port? I forget) I also remember having to search through manuals to find a word, every time you started the program. There were also these little rotating paper things... the point is, copy protection has gotten a lot better. How many seconds does it take to plug the USB key in your computer? Even with C/R codes that are personally emailed, it probably takes no more than 24 hours to get the code back that will last you until you buy a new computer.

I must say ChineeKong / Kong Audio always responded quickly and accurately to my request.
I really like the C/R they have. I changed motherboards, and it didn't ask me for a new C/R.

I like them; the company and their product.
Now I'm back into lurking mode: I'm gonna make some X-Mas music :)
-- Regards MrM --

:lol: Cool Mr M :)

Let us hear some around Christmas time I hope ;)

Cheers,
Alex

I have a problem with Chineekong (v2.84), it's not possible to change the pitch of the samples. If I use the pitch bend or the bend range, it works like a MIDI transposition (key assign) so the position of the sample is different on the keyboard, but the pitch of the sample is still the same. Any solution please ?

thanks. :)

Hi scalp,

That has always been the case with Chineekong v2. Chineekong v2 doesn't support pitch-bend as it is.

I admit the manual is misleading in this regard. We'll change the manual in the future version.

Maybe it's better to keep the manual like this, and change the plug-in himself to solve this problem ? :wink:

Can anyone tell me after purchasing the software on line why it takes days to get a link to download it? I'm all for going legit but if the money goes out of your account surely a download link should be automatic.

Ordered and paid for it on Thursday so the 48 hours is not up yet but what a pain. I paid Share-It via paypal and was quickly told thank you but Kong Audio are responsible for delivering it!!!! Kong Audio does not appear to have an Email that works and if it wasn't for kvr I am not sure what I would be doing.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :help:
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Windows 11 64 Bit, Installed Ram 16 GB, DDR4 3600 MHz, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz

Greenplums wrote:Can anyone tell me after purchasing the software on line why it takes days to get a link to download it? I'm all for going legit but if the money goes out of your account surely a download link should be automatic.

Ordered and paid for it on Thursday so the 48 hours is not up yet but what a pain. I paid Share-It via paypal and was quickly told thank you but Kong Audio are responsible for delivering it!!!! Kong Audio does not appear to have an Email that works and if it wasn't for kvr I am not sure what I would be doing.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :help:
Hi Greenplums, I have several plugins from Kong Audio and didn't have any problems with the developers.

It's the Chinese New-Year holidays right now. If it's as important there than here in Taiwan then it must be why the response is slower than usual. But I'll pm you a direct email contact, in case.

Return to “Kong Audio”