how does it work actually

Official support for: livelab.dk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello ohm,

congratulations to your product and your forum - LiveSlice looks very promising. But I have one question, though - as far as I understood the concept I thought it would be possible to rearrange more than one loop and route these to one key in order to have one multiloop rhythm at one key. Was I wrong or am I using it wrong? Evertime I'm trying to load an additional loop the first one is unloaded from LiveSlice...

It is possible to load up to 64 loops at a time. You just have to select an empty slot in the "loops" list before you select the second loop, otherwise the first loop will be overwritten.
Your question has been noted though, perhaps I can make the process more intuitive, it's just that the task of replacing one loop with another is a very common task for most users, so I wouldn't want that to be a two step process.

If you have more questions or suggestions, don't hesitate.
¨
- Jacob
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

...ah :!:

Thanks for your reply but perhaps the gui is a bit too minimalistic - I didn't notice the empty slots, I just thought it was blank space.

But LiveSlicers concept is a dream coming true...

At first I was a little confused about that same issue. Everytime I tried to add a new loop, it replaced my currently open loop.

Now, I like the clean looking interface. It is very easy on the eyes. Which is good because I'm spending a lot of time with it!

Gary=-,

I'll think of something that doesn't involve adding 2 buttons and a menu :-)

how about just some 'new loop here' italics, instead of empty space? took me a short while to figure it out even though i had read this thread. ;)

i am all for being against clutter, though. :D

or alternatively, some italics saying that it's 'empty', so we'll know it's an empty space and not just empty space if you dig... ;)

thanks for the additional flash on the site, btw. really enjoyed all of them. :)

good idea, I'm going to try that, see how it works.

Nice one ...
I plaied with the demo last night ...I had after a while an amezing chopped voice ...

But I don't know how to save it to audio.

this would be my way to use it, well live emm yes but immediatly exported in the project as an audio loop whatever I'm able to come up with.

- can you please help me with this ?
what do I have to do ? liveslice as input ? output? help me with the routing in short.one track two tracks .....(Cubase SX)

- and why did you say it controls a filter plug (frohmage) ? any more info about?

thanks in advanced for your patient, I'm a bit slow to understand what I can do with any new tool.
even though I like new tools.

Signal chain wrote:Nice one ...
I plaied with the demo last night ...I had after a while an amezing chopped voice ...

But I don't know how to save it to audio.

this would be my way to use it, well live emm yes but immediatly exported in the project as an audio loop whatever I'm able to come up with.

- can you please help me with this ?
what do I have to do ? liveslice as input ? output? help me with the routing in short.one track two tracks .....(Cubase SX)

- and why did you say it controls a filter plug (frohmage) ? any more info about?

thanks in advanced for your patient, I'm a bit slow to understand what I can do with any new tool.
even though I like new tools.
i am not sure about the loop - you could probably just keep it in one of the arrangement slots and trigger it via note (or sequence it via note), however that may not fully meet your needs and there might be other ways.

regarding the midi, i think somewhere along the middle of the interface (think it has to do with the slices) among the parameters there should be something like 'midi 1' and 'midi 2' - i suppose those are applied per slice. you have to route those midi-outs into the plugin of your choice, in a host such as eXT. don't know how to do it in other hosts.

if you assign those to any parameter in a routed plugin (i.e. cutoff), each slice will then trigger different values (e.g. for cutoff).

i hope i am right and made a little sense... :oops:
kind of rambling cause i am so happy that my midi keyboard just got here. :D

As fabi correctly states, you use the "midi 1" and "midi 2" parameters. Click one of the buttons to activate, then select a channel and CC#.
It's all in the manual, along with a section about how to do midi routing in Cubase SX.

You cannot export audio to a wavefile via liveslice, but cubase supports "freezing" a track, I believe this will create a wave file that you can somehow bounce to an audio track. I dunno how though, I'm not a cubase user. But try creating a midi track with note C1 played for 1 bar and freeze that, see what happens.

I just read that cubase, like energy xt saves the audio data to the project audio folder when freezing a track. All you have to do is rename and import that audio file. You can even load it back into liveslice to chop it up once more :-)

ok thanks a lot, much appreciated ...
I 'll try again ...

Is there any particular reason why you can't export as a wavefile? Why not implement that feature?

Just haven't gotten around to it yet. If you just want to export the whole arrangement as one wavefile the easiest thing is to use the freeze function of your host if it has one. It's on the list though, in fact I'm testing the code for saving wave files atm.

Edit: just noticed in another thread that you use energyXT - the freeze is excellent in this host. Just create a midi track that plays back one arrangement and freeze that track.

spuddle wrote:Is there any particular reason why you can't export as a wavefile? Why not implement that feature?

surely it'd be better to just solo the track and do file > export like you would with any other type of track in cubase? If LiveSlice's output goes through the SX mixer then it should be easy to export the audio that way.

Return to “Livelab.dk”