LiveLooper?

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

in this thread

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=175552

üeople suggested me to try liveslice. I demoed it already before, and although I find it a very cool slicer (already put on my shopping list), I am really searching for a audio loop tool with these features

a) sync audio loops to any (host) bpm preserving pitch
b) offer different trigger modes: 1) one shot, 2) play until key release and 3) loop until next key hit
c) velo sensitivity
d) gui in which the keys/pads can be labeled so that I know what loop I am triggering

is there a chance that live slice will once have everything listed here. Or, maybe even better: have you thought of developing a specialized LiveLooper for audio looping based on time-stretching? That would be great and something which is really missing in the market.

cheers, akj

LiveSlice needs an big update (namely envelopes (attk & decay) on each slice) and note names on each slice so we can figure out where we're at. But yeah, you can pretty much do A and D with the slice.

Hi, thanks vexkon. But I do not see a possibility to label tracks in the arranger. What is more, it would be nice of have a battery-like pad view or a keyboard like-view (where the keys are labeled with the track/loop names). Also, I did not see a one-shot mode, so that triggering a key would play an audio file just one and not loop it. Further, time-stretching seems to only aply to single slices not to the full loop. Or did I miss something. Especially for legato playing melody phrases non-slice-based time-streching is imo preferable. Are there any plans in this direction. Or, maybe, it would be good to have a separate tool for non slice-based looping?

I feel your pain, been looking for what you are for ages. Phatmatic is what I'm thinking about using until I find the grail.

AKJ wrote:a) sync audio loops to any (host) bpm preserving pitch
b) offer different trigger modes: 1) one shot, 2) play until key release and 3) loop until next key hit
c) velo sensitivity
d) gui in which the keys/pads can be labeled so that I know what loop I am triggering
a) Ableton Live
b) Ableton Live
c) Ableton Live
d) Ableton Live

...I think, v.1 of Live could already do this, so you might get these features for cheap if you're lucky. Only problem - Live can only be used as a Rewire slave in your sequencer. Some people don't like to use Rewire...

well, live is expensive and has challenge/response protection (which I avoid to support). However, I just discovered that cakewalk project5 does everything I need, it is cheaper, no challenge/response and I like the workflow better. maybe, that's the solution. But I really would prefer a VST, not a new host.

...as far as I know Cakewalk doesn't allow licence transfers (not sure, though) - maybe that's something you should also inform yourself about...

yes, right, but it is better then being dongled or challenged. and I found a place where they sell p5 for 120 euro.

perhaps you should look into getting a KAOSS Pad then. i know you probably were not looking for a hardware looper, but i think the new kp3 has bpm syncing/time-stretching (dont know but i think it does...) plus it has one shot/loop modes etc - and a whole bunch of other effects! plus the gui is what you'll be pressing so it has the visual feedback that you were after.

I dont have a KAOSS pad, but i just thought i'd recommend looking into a hardware sampler/looper...

:shrug:

thanks WoJ. A chaos pad is surely a nice thing, but since p5 seems to do what I want, I definitely prefer this solution. Still, a VSTi would be better...

Return to “Livelab.dk”