Couple of questions...

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm quite intrigued by LiveSlice but I'm not quite sure if it's what I need/want. I know the instant response is 'try the demo' but I'm still building my new DAW back to the state of the old one and have far more important things to do on it in the small amount of time I'm getting on lately. There is no rush anyway as I need REX2. Anyway...

Is LS tested in Orion Platinum, anyone got any experiences to share of this? Stability, Workflow etc?

Does LS work as a loop player/manipultor only, I had a quick scan of the manual and didn't see anything like 'Copy slices to Piano Roll' sort of wording, only loop player (I did say scan before you suggest SpecSavers lol)

What I'm looking for is for something that I can throw a WAV or REX (mainly drums) into that will fit to size/tempo and that can be manipulated either in GUI or piano roll.

Cheers

Andy
There are 2 rules to being a success in life: 1. Never give out all the information.

...rearranging loops takes place within the GUI on a somewhat graphical level - you see the waveform and you drag the single slices within a grid similar to what you'd do if you had loaded a Rex-File in to an audio track. You can build patterns using a single or even multiple loops (I don't know how many "tracks" are allowed within one pattern - I should really install it again). These single or multitrack arrangements/patterns are assigned to midi-notes (24 possible patterns? 36? I don't know), so that you can trigger them via midi...

Great, thanks for that loachm. I may get time to have a play in the next week or so although it's distracting me from getting up and running fully. Sounds good though.
There are 2 rules to being a success in life: 1. Never give out all the information.

I just ran the demo through the current beta of Orion.. seems stable...

it seems though that this does the same thing that the stock Orion sampler does though.. with the groove sampler..

Cheers for the info. Thing is I really dislike the Groove slicer in OP. I don't find it accurate enough, not in the slicing maybe but in the piano roll, especially on beats which is all I use in the way of loops.

Return to “Livelab.dk”