Looking for specific sampler plugin

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello kvraudio community,

I'm looking for a sampler like plugin which should be able to
1. Record audio send to the plugin the host triggered by midi
2. Play this Audio on midi signal without modification
3. Assign the recorded audio to a keyboard so that the pitch (and eventually also the time stretch) can be controlled by midi note signals
4. Preferably freeware though I know that this may not be possible for my requirements.

I already looked at tx16wx which can do pretty much all of that + some stuff I don't need. The problem is that you can't trigger recording through midi.

Looking forward to any replies.

I use Ableton Live 8 Suite. It's called Sampler. Sorry I don't know of any good free samplers.

Try searching the database here at KVR. Type in sampler. You can choose free or paid.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

I already looked through quite a lot of the sampler/sampler players but pretty much all of them miss the recording feature and a lot of them miss the ability to control it using midi.
What would a plugin with the functionally I'm looking for be called? Is it just sampler or also something like recorded, drum kit, and so on?

For your information: in the latest build of tx16wx you can actually toggle the recording by midi cc and midi note.elcallio implemented it into an experimental build after I talked about this need in the forums. Also while I was "waiting" for this feature to be implemented I was able to partially implement a sampler in my own host.

Instant Sampler by Muxer
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/instantsampler_by_muxer
records audio when a MIDI-note is played for the first time and plays the recorded audio on repetition of the same note.
It does not save the sampled audio. Changes will be lost when the session closes, but it's a great tool for live gigs or when the sampled audio is reachable in the same project.
Prostetnic Jeltz

Not sure if it fills all your needs (you'd need to look it up in the specs) but FXPansion's Geist is pretty deep (almost a DAW in essence).
http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=120
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”