Mixdown feature request

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually MuLab makes a mixdown either of selected parts, of all parts or parts between the loop locators. For a mixdown I usually use the loop start/end locators at defined positions, because I usually place a lot of unused parts behind the end of a song. On the other hand I often use the loop locators for optimizing special fragments of a song. Every mixdown of the whole song requires a re-positioning of the loop locators.

I think the workflow would be much easier if I could specify two special locators for mixdown start/end, which would be considered by the mixdown function. So all locators could remain at their respective positions.

What do you think?
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/
FEMALE VOICE MuX demo :phones: more by SUNFLOWER LAP ORCHESTRA

You don't have to move the loop locators. The mixdown dialog allows to edit the start-end times there too.

You are right, but I have to set the start-end times at every mixdown.

It would be fine to alternativly select locators instead of start-end times in the mixdown dialog. Or much easier to implement: What if MuLab simply would respect special locators with a defined name, e.g. "Mixdown Start" an "Mixdown End".
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

The mixdown dialog takes the Loop Start/End locators into account. You can easily move those to the prefered mixdown region. What's wrong with that?

I often use the loop locators for finetuning several parts of a song before a mixdown. The positions for a mixdown are almost stable. I'd like to avoid having to specify this region at every (!) mixdown.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

I understand your critic. In the next version the Mixdown Start/End positions are only set automatically the very first time you do a Mixdown Audio, then these values stay the same during the session.

mutools wrote:I understand your critic. In the next version the Mixdown Start/End positions are only set automatically the very first time you do a Mixdown Audio, then these values stay the same during the session.
Wow, cool :tu:
Does this imply, that the existent rules for the mixdown region (selected parts, all parts or parts between the loop locators) are no longer valid after the first mixdown? :?:
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Indeed. But note that you can still make a selection of parts, then you have the option to only mixdown those selected parts.

mutools wrote:Indeed. But note that you can still make a selection of parts, then you have the option to only mixdown those selected parts.
Fine, so I'll just have to take care of removing any selections before a complete mixdown.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Yeah and in case you forgot about it, MuLab will give you the choice, so in fact you don't have to think about it, so you can concentrate on the music :)

:tu: :tu:
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Hi Jo,

let me pick up this ancient thread again. I noticed that if you mixdown a session the region settings will obviously not be persisted in the session file. If you mixdown several sessions at once MuLab suggest the region of the first session for every subsequent session mixdown (or possibly the related loop locators, which use for loop purposes).

In (my) sessions the mixdown region is predominantly constant in opposite to the loop region. Dragging the loop locators (or selecting the related parts) for a mixdown stops the workflow unnecessarily. It would be much more handy if MuLab would distinguish loop locators and mixdown locators. Looping und mixdown are definitely different purposes.

So I would like to repeat a suggestion I earlier made: A user who prefers a fixed mixdown region creates two locators with names like "mixdown start" and "mixdown end" (by convention) in the composer. By selecting mixdown in the session menu MuLab checks if there are locators with these names and uses their positions as mixdown region. If not, MuLab behaves like today.
I guess this implies an extension only in functionality (application), not in data format (session file structure).

What do you think?
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

IIRC, there was a little complication doing it that way. For me the solution is that the mixdown options are saved with the session. Added that feature request to the wishlist.

Thanks a lot.
JR
         _/_/       _/_/_/
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Return to “MUTOOLS”