MuLab 5.2.7 Test

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is a test version of the new MuLab 5.2 in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/everest/

What's new:
  • Reworked internal UI system resulting in a better looking and more uniform look & feel.
  • Redesigned all factory devices: MuSynth, MuDrum, MuPad, MuSampla, MultiSampla, MuVerb and MuEcho!
  • Oscillators: All super layers (cfr "Fatness") can now be edited in detail, resulting in many more sound options. This layer setup can also be copy-pasted and loaded-saved as presets.
  • More explicit separation between the MUX facory devices (MuSynth, MuVerb, ...) and the MUX presets.
  • Factory Devices also available via the Browser -> MUX -> Factory Library.
  • MuDrum editor: You can also right-click jacks, just like in the deep modular editors.
  • Automatic conversion from MuVerb 1 to MuVerb 2.
  • Renamed the "Stereo Echo" factory device to "MuEcho" for uniformity.
  • Editable colors for the factory devices.
  • Module process on/off button now shows a standard power on/off icon. The voice count now is shown in the tool tip.
    The module process on/off LED will turn red if the voice count is at max so to easily diagnose voice overflows. (eg because of (too) long release times)
  • Larger modular jacks, thus easier to connect.
  • Disabled parameters (eg filter "Gain" when set to lowpass) are drawn in a ghosty way instead of fully hidden.
  • Many presets in the factory lib are converted to beautiful MuSynth presets. Thanks to Andreas!
  • Added protection against VSTs that send events that are outside the valid time range.
  • Added support for copy-pasting parameter values, as well via the context menu, as well via drag-drop.
  • MUX deep editor now also includes the preset display/selector at the top.
  • Audio file -> Rename Source File function was not working accurately when the new file name already existed. Fixed.
  • Improved the multi-mode filter response.
  • When muting a MuSynth/MuPad/MuSampla FX slot, and moving the module away from that slot, then this left a confusing virtual mute on the FX slot. Fixed.
  • When mixing down, MuLab now returns "kVstProcessLevelOffline" to the VST "audioMasterGetCurrentProcessLevel" opcode. Important for the behavior of some VST plugins during mixdown.
  • Improved "Drum Note Processor" editor.
  • Fixed a rare potential memory leak.
How to install: http://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mulab/ ... ation.html

Your feedback is very welcome!

Cheers!

Jo
Last edited by mutools on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whoa!!!

Thanks for the update Jo and of course Andreas ;-)

When saving looks presets for the devices Mulab generates folders for the device under the folder for the device first used. Isn't that confusing? Basically after generating a folder for a device like MuSynth and saving a preset, the next device, such as MuDrum, gets saved under /MuSynth/MuDrum instead of /Mudrum under the looks folder.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

That was a bit of work! I did notice the "different" look of the Drums etc. It goes for me so far.
iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2009), 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.12.6

Below is how the redesigned MuSynth looks now. What's your opinion on the looks? How much do you rate it on 10?

http://www.mutools.com/mulab/temp/musynth-20130802.png

8 maybe 9/10. Vast improvement, definitely like it ;-)

Much more consistent GUI-wise now, Jo!

I've a question, though. Please let me know if I missed something, but is there a way to make the instrument patches monophonic (with switchable legato)? I can't seem to find any way to do that. Seems like a very big oversight to me :/

Why aren't the User LooksPresets working? I have saved two, which are still located in the User folder, but they don't appear in the LoadPresets list. I even tried saving another but it doesn't appear either.

Have they changed somehow?

Also, Editable colours for Factory Devices doesn't work.

Preferred the round pads for MuDrum.

EvilDragon wrote: I've a question, though. Please let me know if I missed something, but is there a way to make the instrument patches monophonic (with switchable legato)? I can't seem to find any way to do that. Seems like a very big oversight to me :/
No Mono Mode yet.
I hope soon!!

+1 for mono!

@SL32: You may have to reorganize the looks folder as (like I posted above) Mulab saves the folders in a weird way.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Great to see all this progress :D I hate to say it but I'm not a fan of the new look of the knobs. They are round, but somehow they do not look round (might be the shadowing) and they don't look very sharp to me.

There must be someone here, who is good at GUI stuff and help out to make some really nice looking knobs, buttons and sliders n' stuff? Right? Maybe here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=232629
Last edited by Nielzie on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Some free from one of the best Reaper designer

http://www.radorec.com/-skins/20-free-vst-knobs

Btw, nothing wrong with the new knobs. It's true, they don't look perfectly round due to the combination of borders and background.
It needs a little adjustment.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

@dakkra
Not sure what you mean about the Devices Looks folder. But I'm also having problems with the User/Library/LooksPresets folder not showing up when trying to load MuLab LooksPresets.

Previously, when I wanted to load a preset, The Parent folders were Dark, Light and User. Now all I get is Dark and Light with all their sub-folders and factory presets?!

Strange that you have a feeling that the knob is not round. Then you should have the same feeling with other knobs that use lightning/shadowing, no?

Maybe a difficult question but can you guys select together your common favorite knob from all the free available onces. Please take into account that the knob currently is max 32 x 32 pixels, not more.

Curious for your favorite one.

Return to “MUTOOLS”