KVR DC 12 is Go Go Go Get Em!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man, that is a hair splitter! :)
Meaning, that is pretty to the line between within rules/outside of rules.
I guess, while it is similar to an existing feature, it is a new knob, so maybe technically outside of rules. :shrug: I dunno.

Yeah, on the SF page I was just guessing at the plugs from their names. I grabbed a few that had 'Dist-' in them. :P
From the sounds of your demo there, they will be super brutal. :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

well, you have a couple of knobs more..
the mono-knob record is still there, although visually a bit enhanced (gui wasn't finished on the recorder, but the computer let me down in the last two weeks before the contest).
The poly-recorder has it's seperate recording buttons/length and doesn't store it's recording internally in the patch. It's only live.

Then again, I COULD take it out again.. but well, this was kinda the idea when I started with the automation recorder and for me it feels like breaking down a finally finished product...
sik
As a human I say: nobis vivendum est!
As a musician I say: nobis musicum essendum est!
As a friend I say: nobis birram bibendum est!

SirSickSik

Trans Computer Maschine v1.05 released - Goodbye BETA!

Hello everybody, I've got very good news:

All known bugs were fixed so 'Trans Computer Maschine' just ended its beta stage and v1.05 is ready for download.

Please spend a little time and check it out, I renamed the presets so it's indicated when it is for synth or sequencer playing (I know people thinking the plug-in was not working because they couldn't make a sound quickly).

Check the included documentation if want to, but I'm sure will be very easy for anyone to make new sounds just having a look to the presets.

freeware for the world, KVRDC12 still going on...

Cheers,

Walter

http://www.freewebs.com/wallyaudio/t-c-m.rar

Helleuh,

I've dug around the project to find the buggy Scope_nolines module (wasn't supposed to be in there, but resided SOMEWHERE in SOME container SOMEWHERE in the project... As I couldn't load the project on my new computer, I had to get my old computer to start up again (3 minutes), load synthedit (first time loading from start-up took 10 minutes), open the project (+3 minutes) and then try to find the module before the computer crashed, if it hadn't done already in the former 16 minutes... BUT, I found it! Woohoo! And luckily I was just in time to save it before my computer crashed again..really close call... :P Now I could get into the file on my new computer without having to fear for a crash every time haha
THEN I found out that in the last week before my computer really became unusable, I had saved the little bit renewed project over the old one as my screen suddenly went black and didn't know where to click to save as new version.. haha Hereby changing the looks of the mono-knob-recorder and adding a second recording-option for live multiple-knob recording.
As we may not add anything new during the contest, I've put a screen over the poly-knob recorder, which automatically goes off in december. If it doesn't... let me know haha

so.. long story short... I've finally fixed the bugs and some other miscalculations and forgotten values and uploaded V1.03 to synthforum (using a better compression so it can be uploaded on my own forum-thread)

direct download:

http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/attachm ... 1353700926

link to forum (lots of free vst's of me.

http://www.synthforum.nl/forums/showthr ... 55&page=11

forumthread includes free vst of SirSickSik (it's quite a lot of 'm):
Bunch of other, more normal (just a bit) midi-stepsequencers, couple of synthesizers, quite a lot of distortions, samplers..ehm..some other effects...oh, and of course SIK-FXD! 25 effects polyphonic triggered by 25 different midinotes and the velocity controls the main parameter of the effect (filter->cutoff, ringmodulator->pitch, retrigger->time,etc) A nice effect in there is the all-FX retrigger. Besides the fact that this effect loops the signal as a normal retrigger, it also has ALL of the 24 other effects within it's loop, turning this function into a.. well.. quite extreme granulator :)
Be sure to check if updates have been put online on later dates, a good idea is to go from page 11 back to 1, so you don't have to download something if you come across it a second time on a lower page.

SirSickSik

oh and yeah, the "computer-starting up and finding the module" process took me half a day filled with the feeling of wanting to throw my old computer through the big window and smash it to really tiny pieces..

imagine how it feels when you've finally done the job...pfieuw...*sits back and lights it up*

SirSickSik

-------------------------------------------------------
Trans Computer Maschine v1.07 released - It's smoother!
-------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody,

Here's probably the last update for the KVRDC12. Updates after the contest might come with added features.

The v1.07 fixes are related to subtle clipping issues, probably unnoticeable for most people but I'm sure 'golden ears' will appreciate such improvement:

- Fixed high mixer levels causing internal clipping.
- Fixed Triangle and Saw-Triangle waves making 'clicks' when changing notes.

Have a good time with 'T-C-M'.

Regards,

Walter

Woohoo, Glad to see proximity up there,I haven't had a chance to try thrillseeker but it looks like fun!

Thanks to everyone who voted for the TCO :D

Im surprised Transient didn't make it! Ill recheck proximity. There were so many effects (got too many synths..) that i probably could go through the list again and find more gems.

Grats winners and a big thank you to all contributors!
:hug:

I would like to thank all the people who have tried Inspiration, voted for it, created sets with it, or who have talked about it anywhere. I'm proud that I have been able to upload a few user sets, and even a youtube video :love:

I would like also to thank the KVR staff for the organisation of a new KVR Developer Challenge in 2012, three years after the previous one ! I hope we won't wait for the next one for too long. I hope I will participate at the next KVR Developer Challenge ! :D

And, I would like to congratulate the winners, who deserve to be there
:wink:

I would like to congratulate the winners me too and to everybody took part in anyway to DC2012, I really enjoyed the competition as ever.
I particularly appreciated Transient and VintagerToy for my actual needs of "ageing" my new 70's style record, so a special thank goes to those developers. :tu:
Andrea

Congrats to the winner :party:

An observation:

Past winners:
2009: FerricTDS
2007: Sounds Of Nature
2006: Triple Cheese

I'm a bit surprised that an effect yet again wins the challenge.

Seems when it comes to voting users prefer effects / sound fx?

My preconception has been that everybody loves a nice and bottom heavy Virtual Analogue, but I am alas wrong 8)

Effects are like spices and instruments are the core ingredients ... you can have too many different kinds of potatoes ... but exotic spices? Never!

Ok, that sucked :P

My votes
Transient
Thrillseeker
PTEq-1a
Modulok (sampleset)
Maxwell Smart

I put them in the order i will use them the most. Im no good at 'hearing' if an eq is good or not .. same with Maxwell Smart. Time will tell if ill find better. Maybe they are the best there is! I like what i hear, the eq boosts and cuts what i want, Maxwell make it a few db louder.

Transient is just amazing since i discovered the sidechain! Thrillseeker gets used a lot when i need some 'spice'. It can often add some interesting flavors!
Modulok is a great samplelibrary, one that i see as one of my core sets.

Crackbaby wrote:Modulok is a great samplelibrary, one that i see as one of my core sets.
Modulok is great. really. Drums are very well sorted, fx are useful too. :)

Some hihats are a bit ear piercing though :lol:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”