Edit: AA Reverb NOW WORKING PERFECTLY with FXTeleport

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wanted to report that, after some lengthy trouble-shooting of my FXTeleport install, I've identified the AA Reverb as the source of my trouble.

This is really, really too bad -- one of the best uses I can think of for FXTeleport is the AA Reverb.

Have no idea how to get Arts Acoustic and FXTeleport in touch to see if something can be worked out. I've been working with FXTeleport support, and they're now aware of my problem. I really urge Arts Acoustic to explore this issue. Thanks.
Last edited by bobby yarrow on Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grist for the glamour mill.

bobby yarrow wrote:Wanted to report that, after some lengthy trouble-shooting of my FXTeleport install, I've identified the AA Reverb as the source of my trouble.

This is really, really too bad -- one of the best uses I can think of for FXTeleport is the AA Reverb.

Have no idea how to get Arts Acoustic and FXTeleport in touch to see if something can be worked out. I've been working with FXTeleport support, and they're now aware of my problem. I really urge Arts Acoustic to explore this issue. Thanks.
Hi bobby yarrow,

we are very sorry for this! Currently, we are trying to recreate the issue on our systems and will contact you as soon as possible. Please check this forum frequently for new posts.

In the meantime, you might also collect all necessary information of your system that could be useful for us, e.g. operating system version, memory, sound card, host(s), ...

Sorry again and thanks for your patience!
kind regards, timo

Hi Timo. Thank you for looking into this! It's an unusual problem -- FXTeleport certainly isn't on everybody's system -- and I really appreciate your response.

So far, I have found 2 plugins which won't 'teleport,' one of which AA Reverb. It will load in FXTeleport, but if I save and reopen the project, SX3 crashes and the project cannot be reopened until the ported version is uninstalled.

My system specs are as follows: Host machine is an AMD 64 3200+ on an Asus Av8 deluxe, with 2 gig samsung ram. Server is a 3.0 ghz PIV (533 fsb) with 1 gig kingston ram. Both machines are running separately licensed copies of XP pro. Sound card is an RME multiface in the host machine, running the current drivers. I'm running the up-to-date version of Cubase SX3. AA Reverb is installed only on the server machine.

The error message I receive in SX3 relates to an access violation at "audioprimitives.opt" and also at C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll. Unremarkably, Steinberg denies that audioprimitives.opt is part of Cubase, tho inquiry to other users suggests that it is.

Support at FXTeleport -- also extremely helpful -- says that generally teleport problems are related to anti-piracy features. The person I've been working with is Ric, at tech@fx-max.com.

Thank you sincerely for taking on this problem. Very impressive to me. Thanks.

Hi bobby yarrow,

thanks for your detailed report. We tried to recreate the issue on our system, but we were not able to do so.

The AAR teleported well with Cubase, a saved test song opened also without any problems.

You might do the following:

1) If possible, send us a cubase test song that allows us to reproduce your setup as close as possible. Please send me your email adress via pm, then I'll send you back mine, where you can send the file.

2) Try to test the AAR/FXTeleport combination within another host (e.g. the free MiniHost from TobyBear, http://www.tobybear.de/p_minihost.html) to see if it's a cubase or a more general issue.

3) If possible, try to reverse master/server: install the host (e.g. MiniHost, but better Cubase) on your P4 system and use your AMD64 as server, so we can see if it's a system dependent or a more general issue.

Hope, this helps on! :wink:

And thanks for your assistance -
kind regards, timo

Ugh. I'm so ashamed. I uninstalled and reinstalled AAR on my server machine, re-teleported it, and the problem is gone. So sorry to have wasted your time with this without trying such a simple fix. Thanks for your extraordinary support and outstanding reverb.

Shall I delete this thread?

bobby yarrow wrote:Ugh. I'm so ashamed. I uninstalled and reinstalled AAR on my server machine, re-teleported it, and the problem is gone. So sorry to have wasted your time with this without trying such a simple fix. Thanks for your extraordinary support and outstanding reverb.

Shall I delete this thread?
no problem! We are happy you finaly got it working! :wink:

And no need to delete the thread - maybe others will have the same issue and here's what they can try to resolve it...

Have fun teleporting the AAR around! :)
kind regards, timo

Return to “Arts Acoustic”