choirboy doesn't let any audio through - any ideas?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i just decided to plug in choirboy after not having used it for a week or so and it doesn't let any audio through.

has this ever happened to anyone else?

Is it a demo or a licensed version?
What version number?
Check the about page to see if it has expired.

ver 1.25, registered - expiration n/a... :?

I have tried changing parameters etc, but nothing helps. i'll check the thread i opened in the fx forum in a second, maybe someone there knew something...

V1.25 is the current version. I Tested it in FL 5 yesterday, it worked fine. Are you able to test it in another host?

i just got around to testing it in my nfr version of tracktion, and it worked fine. still no difference in FL5.

Fabi,

I just tried 'Choir Boy' in FL5 demo again. It seems to work fine until I press a button and then sometimes and sometimes not, the audio becomes disabled and cannot be re-enabled. Unloading 'Choir Boy' and re-loading again solves the problem. Please try this to confirm my findings.

I think there is a bug (that shows up only in FL5). I need to take a look at it a bit closer.

Okay, now that you said it, I actually was able to get it to work again - this time I simply added an audioclip, put the song on play, and it worked. I tried with a synth - if i play the synth without playing the actual song - no audio. However, if i program a melody or play the synth while the transport is also on 'play', audio does get through.

Hope you know what I mean. Seems a little weird, but at least it's easy to work around. :)

Sounds like choir boy is a bit tired. Or maybe bored.
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Aha! I think I understand exactly.

I have found similar issues with EnergyXT and Bidule. See my FAQ page:

http://www.elevayta.com/faq.htm#energyxt

It is related to the fact that 'Choir Boy' needs certain transport control commands before starting and stopping processing. Some hosts (Cubase and SONAR) always supply the appropriate command. Other hosts work in a slightly different way (all of them slightly different).

It looks like the workaround you found is again related to the status of the transport i.e. it should be set to play because 'Choir Boy' expects commands.

Maybe I'll add a feature to choose if the user wants 'Choir Boy' to be dictated by the transport or not.

Paul

kovacs wrote:Sounds like choir boy is a bit tired. Or maybe bored.
No, just a bit too smart for his own good sometimes. :wink:

thanks for your help. and i really enjoy both choirboy and spaceboy. :)

random fact: sardines were once worth less than the oil they were canned in - so the more sardines you crammed in the can, the cheaper you could sell them. :D

Return to “Elevayta”