OT: Comet SW 73P hunting report.

RELATED
PRODUCTS

TotcProductions wrote:
beej wrote:You been drinking tonight, mate..? :D

:hihi: you caught me :o

The me not having a telescope post was genuine though....very upset about that....I'll have to pick one up....Tim, any recommendations on a HQ Budget telescope???

Yes..Orion has good budget ones, starting at 179.oo for thier Star blast scope..which they market as a kid scope, but is actually very good, and a lot of astronomers pick this one up as a second "quick -view" scope, as its easy to use.

The other Orion scopes would be the 4 1/4" dob, or the 6" Dob and go up bigger for 8" , 10" and the 12". They also have computerized scopes a for a bit more money. Sometime I wanna get the big 12 incher ( now..don't get any ideas!!)but it would be heavy somewhat. My 8" Dob however is just right.

http://www.telescope.com/jump.jsp?itemI ... =&oldList=

You can also pick up deals at http://www.astromart.com Thats where I got my 8" custom Hardin Dob scope.I am very happy with it.

another idea is to join an astronomy club in your area, and see if they have loaners. Then you don't have to spend any money at all!!

Thanx Tim! :D
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

tconrardy wrote:another idea is to join an astronomy club in your area, and see if they have loaners. Then you don't have to spend any money at all!!
Or just pop over to Tim's place... :D

beej wrote:
tconrardy wrote:another idea is to join an astronomy club in your area, and see if they have loaners. Then you don't have to spend any money at all!!
Or just pop over to Tim's place... :D
hehe, yeah...coz that's a no-money event. :hihi: during this season, it'd be 400 or more to fly out there....then i'd have to find a place to stay! :hihi:

Peace
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Well, you had to live in a country that's so damn *big*... ;)

Here in the UK you can practically walk everywhere :D
:nutter:

Return to “AlgoMusic”