M42 banks

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

finally bought this - very beautiful sounds :)

However I downloaded all the extra banks I could lay my hands on from Patcharena but none of them load (inlcuding the TOTC universal bank and one by Mystar) - they say plugin ID different (or words to that effect) - does this mean V1 banks are not compatible with V2 and if so can I get a copy of V1 and play it alongside V2 or does that cause hosts to get confused?

Thanks for a lovely synth though :)

aMUSEd wrote:Hi

finally bought this - very beautiful sounds :)

However I downloaded all the extra banks I could lay my hands on from Patcharena but none of them load (inlcuding the TOTC universal bank and one by Mystar) - they say plugin ID different (or words to that effect) - does this mean V1 banks are not compatible with V2 and if so can I get a copy of V1 and play it alongside V2 or does that cause hosts to get confused?

Thanks for a lovely synth though :)
Hi aMUSEd..and welcome aboard the nebula!!

yes..you are right..ver 2 does not load version 1 presets, and we are discontinuing the other versions. But let me talk this over with the DR.

Tim

Cheers - seems like there's quite a few banks out there but none of them load

aMUSEd wrote:Cheers - seems like there's quite a few banks out there but none of them load
Thats the problem with doing something new and different..it's not backward compatable.

well..you got 256 sounds to start in ver 2 however :-)

and you can do your own twists on those!

Tim

i too would love to download version 1 agan, the link is dead:(

JulieM42 presets for version 2 would be nice...I didn't have version 1 but would enjoy hearing what could happen.

I suppose I rely on presets too much, yet those jaw-dropping moments related to them (TC_M42 Ambient for example) are wonderful...thanx for contributing to what I feel is indispensible to the vst-i experience, and not just M42's...

i feel so bummed i accidentally deleted my 1.1 nebula:( i had so many banks for it.,

ttoz wrote:i feel so bummed i accidentally deleted my 1.1 nebula:( i had so many banks for it.,

are you talking ver 1.1..or ver 1 ??

The banks on PA were for ver 1..while we only had the 3 banks( including M42 Ambient..the commercial one)for version 1.1

Tim

bobsled wrote:JulieM42 presets for version 2 would be nice...I didn't have version 1 but would enjoy hearing what could happen.
Good news! The DR has converted the Julie M42 bank to V2. It is now included with purchases of the Julie M42 soundfont and I will email it to all previous buyers asap (may take 2 or 3 days, so busy today and tomorrow).

tconrardy wrote:
ttoz wrote:i feel so bummed i accidentally deleted my 1.1 nebula:( i had so many banks for it.,

The banks on PA were for ver 1..while we only had the 3 banks( including M42 Ambient..the commercial one)for version 1.1

Tim
Was there an incompatibility between these versions presets too then? Its the banks from PA I have (though I'd quite like the Ambient bank too but no point if it won't play in V2)

aMUSEd wrote:
tconrardy wrote:

Tim
Was there an incompatibility between these versions presets too then? Its the banks from PA I have (though I'd quite like the Ambient bank too but no point if it won't play in V2)
We have converted the M42 Ambient bank over. Send a request into support, and we will take care of you.( although we did send out a shareit notice.)

Remember..this is the commercial bank, so you need the sf2 that goes with it.We only converted the bank.Also, to clarify: if you buy the M42 Ambient set NOW..its for ver 2 of M42.

The banks from PA only work in ver 1, not ver 1.1

Tim

zvon wrote:Good news! The DR has converted the Julie M42 bank to V2. It is now included with purchases of the Julie M42 soundfont and I will email it to all previous buyers asap (may take 2 or 3 days, so busy today and tomorrow).
Yes! Thanx in advance... :hail:
The Julie set is really something special...

Where do I go to buy the ambient sf2?

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:Where do I go to buy the ambient sf2?

Mike

here ya go

http://www.algomusic.net/sounds.html

Tim

Thanks Tim.

And Zvon, send me that converted julie presets file please - I have been holding off using V2 till that was done.

Mike

Return to “AlgoMusic”