Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
The Chase
KVRAF

10467 posts since 12 Jun, 2004, from Alberto Balsam

Postby The Chase; Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:18 pm

It's like when you're with some dude and like holding his muscles 'cause his arms just are like wrapped around you and you feel like so safe 'cause you're like...you know...not that you're gay or nothin but God you just want to bury yourself in his chest and just live there forever.
funkadil
KVRAF

2032 posts since 20 Jul, 2004

Postby funkadil; Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:18 pm

Only really expensive analog sorts of things sound quality to me. Besides synths, Im referring to recording media. nevermind, dont listen to me lol
Do not lick the fablanky
Jason Brian Merrill
KVRAF

2694 posts since 11 Nov, 2005, from http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Massena,+NY --(on the Canadian border)

Postby Jason Brian Merrill; Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:44 pm

farlukar wrote:
Killvehicle wrote:BEcasue analog is Warm, full, smooth, saturated, oh and warm, warmer, its just real Warm. Digital is cold, real cold, like ice cold, and harsh yeah harsh, its TOO good..

AND because Steve Albini says so.

only when chuck norris lets him say so.
check my profile for contact info.
msn messenger is my email as well.
eduardo_b
KVRAF

11919 posts since 22 Nov, 2004, from west of east

Postby eduardo_b; Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:45 pm

Because there's a myth that analogue is better...just because. Sometimes it's true, but more often it isn't. :shock:
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey
Meffy
Skunk Mod

20559 posts since 10 Jun, 2004, from Pony Pasture

Postby Meffy; Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:47 pm

Stupid American Pig wrote:
Meffy wrote:Seamoss is a funny way of spelling complementary symmetry metal oxide semiconductor.

shouldnt that be complementary-symmetry metal oxide semiconductor?

coz yer way would be CSMOS :P

RCA called the same technology COSMOS. Just about everyone else called it CMOS. Go figure.
VladimirDimitrievich
Banned

Postby VladimirDimitrievich; Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:53 pm

The Chase wrote:It's like when you're with some dude and like holding his muscles 'cause his arms just are like wrapped around you and you feel like so safe 'cause you're like...you know...not that you're gay or nothin but God you just want to bury yourself in his chest and just live there forever.

Dreaming about me again, my dear?
laputa_sync
KVRAF

4672 posts since 26 Sep, 2005, from U.A.E

Postby laputa_sync; Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:04 pm

i prefer digi! am i wrong?>
No name
KVRAF

1908 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Columbus,Ohio

Postby No name; Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:08 pm

yup, you probably are.
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."
laputa_sync
KVRAF

4672 posts since 26 Sep, 2005, from U.A.E

Postby laputa_sync; Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:09 pm

oh dear
jackson
KVRAF

1868 posts since 26 Oct, 2002, from San Francisco

Postby jackson; Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:20 pm

Crikey, Chase, that was a little graphic :lol:
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21125 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:33 pm

... mass auditory hallucination?
bduffy
KVRAF

19291 posts since 13 Feb, 2003, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby bduffy; Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:39 pm

Anal-Log? Diggy-Tale?
Hink
Rad Grandad

26323 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:24 pm

Killvehicle wrote:BEcasue analog is Warm, full, smooth, saturated, oh and warm, warmer, its just real Warm. Digital is cold, real cold, like ice cold, and harsh yeah harsh, its TOO good..

yeah that's the answer that we've become conditioned to say...but how true is it really?..Instead of the typical cliche answers I'll be honest...it's better in the same way that "the good ol days" were better...nostalgia...however for me production out weighs nostalgia and the "cool" answer...yeah the good ol days...where you could go to a studio, spend about a grand and walk away with 500 45s with a song on each side, the good ol days where yah just finish up a song and while mixing it down the tape breaks, the good ol days where the tape for one song on some of those machines cost more than some hard drives today, the good ol days where the home enthusiast could spend 500 bux and get four tracks on a tiny tape and no noise reduction or effects...where when you were done you had a cassette full of mud....yeah the good ol days...sorry but I won't buy into the hype and I wont apologize for being able to do with digital what I couldn't even dream of when I started...long live digital :tu:
guitarzan
KVRian

1075 posts since 3 Sep, 2005, from Outer Bongolia

Postby guitarzan; Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:23 pm

I was fully in the "analog is better" camp until quite recently. There was definately something missing from digital at first, but now that a lot of time and thought has gone into what that missing "something" was and steps have been taken to model/emulate it, I think digital is great!! I firmly believe that anything still missing will be successfully modeled as soon as someone figures out what it is.
Cabinfever
KVRAF

1572 posts since 20 Feb, 2003

Postby Cabinfever; Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:34 pm

I use Digilog and now I just feel younger and more alive
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)