Algorithmic Music Software...

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i'm working on a new ambient cd and want to use some Algorithmic Midi Applications like fractal stuff... Is there something out for PC?

I also downloaded some Apps for Atari but didn't really used it so far...

any recommendations? thanks!

my other modular synth is a bugbrand

HG Fortune X-WoF III

If you're in the UK then there's an article in this months Computer Music mag (CM105, Oct 2006) about generative music that you might wanna check out.

Another bigtime vote for HG Fortune's synths and especially xwof 1, 2 and 3. Simply the greatest algorithmic vsti's ever created!!!

Mike

you need quasifractal composer (freeware)

http://members.tripod.com/~paulwhalley/
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

There's a free algorithmic composition/mixing tool called AL and Erwin, though I haven't invested any significant brainpower in learning it yet. Looks quite powerful though, and seems well respected in the academic community.

helge

HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
E E CUMMINGS

HEY

Don't forget the wonderful Atari stuff which you can now run on PC via emulation. Theres noth'in like them! The DR and I have even done algorithmic software for it before we became AlgoMusic.It was called AEX. For Fractal stuff theres is Hugh mcDowels Fractal Music Composer( Hug was part of ELO at one time)and Chris Sansoms Fractal Composer. See my Atari site in my sig and go to the software page. Info on STEEM ( the emulator) there as well. Its really worth setting it up! CM even did an article on this too ( march issue 2006)

However..there ARE algorithmic elements in M42 and M51..the unique arpegiator which sounds very algorithmic becuase it does not use chords that you hold down, but combinations of LFO and Pulse waveforms as well as rate and amount controls to pitch in the matrix.

Al and Erwin is more a granular synthesis app, I wouldnt call it an algorithmic compositiion tol as such. Personally I find Artsong to be one of the better tools. Also maybe checkout the free older version of Softstep which is lacking in a few features from the full version but saves projects. this is now grown into a newer Artwonk.

http://www.sonicspot.com/softstep/softstep.html

http://www.artsong.org/
Amazon: why not use an alternative

tconrardy wrote:HEY

Don't forget the wonderful Atari stuff which you can now run on PC via emulation. Theres noth'in like them! The DR and I have even done algorithmic software for it before we became AlgoMusic.It was called AEX. For Fractal stuff theres is Hugh mcDowels Fractal Music Composer( Hug was part of ELO at one time)and Chris Sansoms Fractal Composer. See my Atari site in my sig and go to the software page. Info on STEEM ( the emulator) there as well. Its really worth setting it up! CM even did an article on this too ( march issue 2006)

However..there ARE algorithmic elements in M42 and M51..the unique arpegiator which sounds very algorithmic becuase it does not use chords that you hold down, but combinations of LFO and Pulse waveforms as well as rate and amount controls to pitch in the matrix.
hi, what atari algosoft can you recommend for slowly evolving ambient music? i tried some atari stuff (only short) but mostly these were only good for short notes. i need something for long notes to let the sounds from my synth evolve.... and is there a software which is not fixed to a certain bpm value? i don't want to play all notes on a 4/4 beat and not at the same speed...

(thanks for the input guys)

Polyphony Composer (among others) through here:

http://okonsar.com/

Lunatik wrote:
tconrardy wrote:HEY

hi, what atari algosoft can you recommend for slowly evolving ambient music? i tried some atari stuff (only short) but mostly these were only good for short notes. i need something for long notes to let the sounds from my synth evolve.... and is there a software which is not fixed to a certain bpm value? i don't want to play all notes on a 4/4 beat and not at the same speed...

(thanks for the input guys)
M, and even Tunesmith..you can set the tempos to whatever you want. Theres also Shoenberg Composer, but it takes some work :-)The Hugh McDowel Fractal Music Composer stuff I have been able to get nice ambient things going to. See my music page on my atari site for examples, although I have been using them for RYM type of stuff too.

Tim

Return to “AlgoMusic”