Dexpot - Free Windows Desktop Manager

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Posted this in the mega free software list thread, but thought it deserved it's own mention.

Up to 20 desktops, and double-clicking the tray icon by default shows a full screen preview of them all on one screen - just click the one you want to go to it.

There's loads of other ways to navigate including the "Desktop Windows" screen that lists each desktop and the programs that are running on it. You can even cycle through each desktop as as a screensaver.

You can configure rules that, for example, when a particular app opens, you can force it to move to a specific desktop.

I particularly like the ability to define apps to open when a desktop is entered - so I'm working on a project at the moment and have a desktop set to open all the relevant documents when I go to it.

Each desktop can have its own wallpaper, resolution and even screensaver, plus it lets you set window transparencies.

Had a few glitches at first running under Vista, but they disappeared once I'd set it to run as admin, turned off DEP for it and changed the compatibility mode to XP SP2 (not sure which of those did the job though!).

http://www.dexpot.de/

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”