Free/cheap vst acoustic simulator?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

you might wanna try an Antress combo - the Modern Channel (acoustic guitar preset) and Modern Painter (try various settings for a 'duller' sound), combined with a 'highly damped room' IR.*

* check the last pack here for the 'highly damped large room' which is pretty useful imo:
http://www.voxengo.com/impulses/

Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

please try this and maybe...
http://nusofting.com/RAR/NUSofting_DeepBoard.rar

needs a clean, low volume electric gutar input,

Windows VST

Gave it a try, liqih. It's not bad, and saves farting around when it's just being used for scratch stuff. But ultimately it's the same result as the combinations I usually use-- good enough when you don't feel like miking up the acoustic for a scratch track, but when compared to an actual acoustic guitar the differences are quite clear.

thanks, it's just the comb filter based effect I meant, made up in ten minutes, yes it's a raw boosting/equalization which just gives the idea of an acoustic guitar,

anyway as I asked previously I never heard a convincing hardware FX either, IMHO the main problem is the feedback of the board to the strings

you should do bass too :)

if not, i'll do one.
Last edited by xoxos on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Liqih, I'm gonna check your thingie first thing tomorrow morning. I'm very interested in it !!! :wink: :D

Ciao,

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

So Max? maybe it was so terrible that you don't have the courage to tell me? LOL
Actually I tried it again today and it seems better than yesterday, <grin>

xoxos you mean: electric guitar input >>> acoustic bass output??!! Oh, that's hard, <grin>
looking forward to your implementation
Last edited by liqih on Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

of course I was kidding about sounding better today, it sounded like crap to my ears, <grin>
so I worked two hours on it and you have a new version,

comments are very welcome!

http://dashsignature.com/RAR/NUSofting_DeepBoard.rar

[file updated one hour later, "Diff" parameter added]

"OverDrive" is also the input gain
"Gain" is the gain of the resonance

BTW I tried it only with samples as my electric guitar is a jazz semiacoustic and I wanted to optimize the effect for a solid body sound, so it would be nice if some of you could post a short mp3 example of what you get with your guitar thru this effect.

a little note: I also tried this with my HarpTime synth
and I think I will add the fx to it, <grin>

ciao
Last edited by liqih on Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

:D

tried deepboard with a plucked string model, had the right effect.

chris kerry makes these 8/12/16 tap delay modules with inline biquads coded in asm.. i've been meaning to wrap them up for stuff like this for a while.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

thanks, <grin>

yes some kind of "reverb" is needed so I updated DeepBoard now,

I'd like to hear one made with those tap delay modules

http://www.xoxos.net/resonator2.zip

biquad coefficients can be applied to the module if you have any good ones. i have a fretless bass so i'll be doing more work on acoustic bass module sometime :)

Luigi, I works surprisingly good - the result I got surely sounds more like acoustic than electric guitar - however there are two problems.

- it amplifies some lower frequencies drastically

- it is too sensitive towards volume-spikes and amplifies them as well

but great work anyway! :hail: :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

xoxos wrote:http://www.xoxos.net/resonator2.zip

biquad coefficients can be applied to the module if you have any good ones. i have a fretless bass so i'll be doing more work on acoustic bass module sometime :)
thanks xoxos, there is a lot to fiddle with in this plugin, <grin>

jens wrote:Luigi, I works surprisingly good - the result I got surely sounds more like acoustic than electric guitar - however there are two problems.

- it amplifies some lower frequencies drastically

- it is too sensitive towards volume-spikes and amplifies them as well

but great work anyway! :hail: :-D

many thanks jens, <grin>

of course that's only a beta, I will fix what you report,

BTW for everyone, the state of the art seems to be COSM, check this Video

Return to “Effects”