Wow... really not happy!I (+ wusik censoring!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Improv wrote:
Hink wrote: this has to be the best post of all...you know him so well you can say all this about him. So what is it? Do you only know him from somewhere else, always been a lurker or just afraid and have to hide behind a pseudo screenname? :roll:
And the bestest part of all is that he just joined kvr TODAY. :-o

He must be FOR REAL!

:roll:
I know, that was my point...I always look at the joined date when I don't know someone first :wink:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
Improv wrote:
Hink wrote: this has to be the best post of all...you know him so well you can say all this about him. So what is it? Do you only know him from somewhere else, always been a lurker or just afraid and have to hide behind a pseudo screenname? :roll:

He must be FOR REAL!

I know, that was my point...I always look at the joined date when I don't know someone first :wink:
I know you know, that was my failed attempt at sarcasm-didn't quite work in print! :roll: :lol:

koolkeys wrote:
Sequoia_user wrote:Its just an odd desicion at a time where the economy is shite. Seems like a cop-out of an answer I know, but look at whats going on.

Okay, as a dev if me makes a "pure" profit of 30 grand, well holy hell thats great! if he makes "pure" profit of 13 grand or 5 grand, thats fine too. he is the dev after all.

Im just adding some figures up. Im not comparing him to an exec at chevron.

But..NOT discussing why such a drastic change... unfortunalty that gets labled as not too good an idea when said discussion will involve higher prices for consumers.

it just seems odd. a dental plan doesnt cost this much and thats health care.not a hobby.

to each his own, I wish no harm on the guy. Just me being my usuall trolling asshole self. :D
And my post was nothing personal to you really. I'm just in a crabby mood today at KVR, I guess. Had a long couple of days.

Brent
Brent beware...he's *gulp* a White Sox fan :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

leave britney alone!

Stupid American Pig wrote:leave britney alone!
This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qOW__TneAY

:lol:

Sascha Franck wrote:...With 6000 monthly bucks you'll be able to survive more than fine in any country on this planet (except, perhaps, Switzerland and Monaco or so...).
Or Southern CA, where $6,000 a month will allow you to live about as well as I did in the late 80s on $6.50 an hour here in Maryland...okay, so that's a little bit of an exaggeration...let's make it $8.00/hour.

But OT, I don't care what synth or what the dev's financial situation is, I'd never pay for a synth that required a monthly subscription fee. I dislike that business model completely. I love computer games but I will never play games like WoW because of the subscription fee. I don't have cable TV for the same reason (plus the added fact that most of it's crap and you still have to suffer through commercials). I don't have a cell phone because I can't stand the subscription/contract model. No music download subscriptions either. The gym, my DSL ISP and Netflix. That's it for subscriptions for me.

William's perfectly within his rights to try it. Good luck to him. But I'd be surprised if it works out.
Last edited by emdot_ambient on Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Improv wrote:
Hink wrote:
Improv wrote:

He must be FOR REAL!

I know you know, that was my failed attempt at sarcasm-didn't quite work in print! :roll: :lol:
I suspect that's more my fault than yours :oops:

Karmacomposer wrote:C'mon guys, isn't 3 threads enough!

Wusik is a good product with a really wacky owner.

Mike
Too true. Someone should tell WilliamK that his schemes just annoy people. I long ago stopped using Wusikstation because of the wackiness.

Plenty of other small companies make a product and then sell it. A nice simple business model.

Hink wrote:
Improv wrote:
Hink wrote:
Improv wrote:

He must be FOR REAL!

I suspect that's more my fault than yours :oops:

So,then,like you know, I know you know-ya know? I take it that you're cool with that? :lol:

Hink wrote:
koolkeys wrote:
Sequoia_user wrote:Its just an odd desicion at a time where the economy is shite. Seems like a cop-out of an answer I know, but look at whats going on.

Okay, as a dev if me makes a "pure" profit of 30 grand, well holy hell thats great! if he makes "pure" profit of 13 grand or 5 grand, thats fine too. he is the dev after all.

But..NOT discussing why such a drastic change... unfortunalty that gets labled as not too good an idea when said discussion will involve higher prices for consumers.

it just seems odd. a dental plan doesnt cost this much and thats health care.not a hobby.

to each his own, I wish no harm on the guy. Just me being my usuall trolling asshole self. :D
And my post was nothing personal to you really. I'm just in a crabby mood today at KVR, I guess. Had a long couple of days.

Brent
Yeah, but my Cardinals have those darn Cubbies to worry about! :x So I hate them enough to hate BOTH ChiTown teams!

And don't get me started on those BoSox. They almost make me want to like the Yankees!(I said ALMOST, lucky for you I don't like the Yankees even more!).

Hardy-har-har-harrrrrrrr :lol:
My host is better than your host

whyterabbyt wrote:
koolkeys wrote:I don't think his monthly or annual income is anything that should be cared about.
It's fair game when William makes the insinuation that his customers owe him that living. And you can wear your rose-tinted glasses all year long, Brent, but that doesn't change the fact that William has done that very thing, on more than one occasion. William's changing business schemes have always been the result of his fixation on achieving 'enough' his monthly or annual income; he's stated more than once that a given scheme has been 'so he can afford to continue development'.

So yes, his users suffering from yet another seismic shock on the back of yet another scheme certainly do have the right to care about his income. William brought that item of discussion to the table, so you're well out of order trying to tell us it shouldn't be relevant, Brent.
Ah, come on. It's my opinion, plain and simple. It's just what I personally think should be relevant.

I want to be clear that I'm ONLY speaking about the current issue because I wasn't a Wusik customer when the older issues happened years ago.

I guess I just think differently about things though, and I still respectfully disagree with that view. I don't make software decisions based on what the dev makes. I could care less. Only ONE thing is important to me: Will it help me and give enough value for the money. That's it, period. I see nothing in this current "model" that says William thinks his users owe him anything or any kind of living. I could surely be reading it differently or missing a few bits, who knows.

But the day I start being concerned about the annual income of developers I buy from is the day I take my software too seriously.

Those who go back further with William(as you do) may look at it differently, no doubt about it. But rose-tinted glasses, I don't have. It's just the way I view my software purchases and I don't understand why it would be relevant to anyone else what he makes(admitting that I am not as familiar with the past and may just "not know").

Brent

koolkeys wrote:
Hink wrote:
koolkeys wrote:

Brent
Yeah, but my Cardinals have those darn Cubbies to worry about! :x So I hate them enough to hate BOTH ChiTown teams!

And don't get me started on those BoSox. They almost make me want to like the Yankees!(I said ALMOST, lucky for you I don't like the Yankees even more!).

Hardy-har-har-harrrrrrrr :lol:
the Red Sox have a player that may be the greatest player of all time before he is done. Technically he's a rookie, but he already has a world series ring. His name is Jacoby Ellsbury, he's the fastest runner I've seen and because he's a lefty he's fast out of the box to first base. Two games in a row he stole 3 bases (fri and sat) and 8 in his last 4 games (leads the majors in stolen bases). He's the ultimate lead off hitter because he gets on a lot (three singles last night) and a walk or a single can turn into a double or a triple quickly. I honestly see him breaking the record for infield hits as a high bouncer is a hit for him, same with bunts (the slightest bobble and it's over, he's on). He is the most fun player to watch that I have seen in years...maybe ever, he's also quite good in the outfield :tu:

Unfortunately, I don't see many baseball games but just follow them on Yahoo's Gamecenter thingy. But I will say this. Pujols would have Manny for lunch! Although Manny is quite fun to watch sometimes. I've heard about that other guy, but you just told me more than I've heard.

I almost apologized for going off topic, but really, does this thread even matter any more?

Brent

Ellsbury will land on the cover of SI pretty soon I'm sure, btw he's also native american which is cool. Manny finally hit 500 saturday and 501 yesterday (homeruns). I only watch the sox and this month I wont watch as much because I absolutely despise interleague play. Actually I'm already looking forward to hockey :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”