DDK-cated

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

was thinking of starting a LOTR musical but got side-tracked with something I'd posted last week called "uncated" which was basically using my hosts random-izer (tm roger nichols) functions instead of me, playing or clicking on notes.
Actually didn't sound too far from some of the so-called 'tunes' I've previously made.

But I got inspired to unclick a lot of the notes and futz with a couple of parameters- :lol:

wah-
un-randomizing "uncated" a bit, I now present for your bemusement, cated

made with vst's dsk instruments and a couple of safran instruments and using bugpass to somewhat control some of the high-end screeches.

:hihi:
for entertaining porpoises only

Cool, man!!!! I love it!! Had me dancin' around the room!!

Pretty damn good. 8) Hats off!
Stay in the glow.
Feed the glow.

KLS wrote:Cool, man!!!! I love it!! Had me dancin' around the room!!
Thanks...
it only makes my inner eye dance a bit, myself :lol:

s4w2th wrote:Pretty damn good. 8) Hats off!
Thanks,
it's one of those things that could keep growing, but luckily I like to stop :)

deaf dunderkwac wrote:
s4w2th wrote:Pretty damn good. 8) Hats off!
Thanks,
it's one of those things that could keep growing, but luckily I like to stop :)
Stopping is over rated, never starting is the way to go. Wow, that came off unnecessarily negative, didn't it? In my head it sounded like a joke Lenny would tell Carl on "The Simpsons".

I dig the tones and the beats but the randumber one is my fav. :)

Thansk.

justin3am wrote:... but the randumber one is my fav. :)

Thansk.
yrp, but this one is more like my 'normal' tunage.
A whole bunch of intros, then an ending :lol:

Still has some pretty random feeling bits - diggin, specially like that nasal instrument deep in the right channel.
Image Image

having spent the last several years integrating 'random' into musical structure, I still haven't answered my own questions as to "when is it too random"
-When I utilize random BPM changes I rarely recognize those changes. Random notes, placed at random times offers more conclusive 'randomness'.

-I'm thinking of abandoning my particular little quest in this area, but had to give it one more kick.
=it's not me unless I take control over the proceedings. Otherwise it's just random crap, instead of 'me' crap.

-anyway, I liked a little bit of the random-generated-by-host stuff so I incorporated the essence into this piece, but stomping on the 'me' part.

doesn't have to make sense to anyone but me.

I do think it's interesting that I usually absolutely hate something as I'm making it, but kind of start to like it 2-3 days later.
Why I post so much crap is most times I eventually like the crap I post.

I'm driven to work this out, otherwise I'm destined to drink myself to death.

Return to “Music Cafe”