Beta 2005 toolbars gone wild

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just updated to beta 2005 and found that when I initally open the plugin editor I get a huge window that actually extends off the right hand side and bottom of the display filled with whitespace. Once I right click on the titlebar and uncheck "Show Toolbars" I can see the plugin GUI normally. The same thing happens if I replace the loaded plugin after hiding the toolbar.

Hi jPod,

Thanks for reporting this. I've not seen or heard of this before. Does it only happen with a particular plugin or any plugin. What OS are you using and/or are you using any window skinning utilities? Anything else you think might be relevant?

Brad

Hi.
As far as I know the window sizes and positions are stored in sessions... maybe there is some corrupt data concerning this anywhere?

Does the effect remain when you've resaved a session after having rearranged the windows?
Best regards, TiUser
...and keep on jamming...

bradr wrote:Does it only happen with a particular plugin or any plugin.
All plugins.
bradr wrote:What OS are you using and/or are you using any window skinning utilities? Anything else you think might be relevant?
WindowsXP SP3. I just have regular XP themes running (though I do use the uxtheme patch). I tried turning off the Themes service but that didn't make any difference. I have a couple of window management utilities (virtual desktops & window mover/resizer). Again, tried it with them turned off and got the same glitch.
TiUser wrote:As far as I know the window sizes and positions are stored in sessions... maybe there is some corrupt data concerning this anywhere?

Does the effect remain when you've resaved a session after having rearranged the windows?
I haven't really been using the session functions. I normally just load a synth into the blank/startup session, tweak away for a while and then quit without saving any particular setup. I'm not shure how to check if there's something wrong with the default session.

I just tried making a seperate test session and found that if I save it with Show Toolbars unchecked it will reopen the plugin in the same state (no toolbar, GUI visible) but if I replace the plugin it opens the new one with the same behaviour as loading it into the default session.

Hi jPod,

What I'll do for the next build is put in some temporary code to log all the relevant information and then see if I can figure out what's going on.

The size of the plugin editor isn't saved in a session, its calculated from what the plugin reports.

Just to confirm, when you have toolbars visible the window is too big, when you turn toolbars off the window is correctly sized?

A couple more questions:
- Do you know if this problem occurs in Cantabile 1.2?
- Are you running at a hires DPI?
- Would you mind emailing me some screen shots show the problem? (http://www.cantabilesoftware.com/contact)

Brad

bradr wrote:Just to confirm, when you have toolbars visible the window is too big, when you turn toolbars off the window is correctly sized?
Yes.
bradr wrote: A couple more questions:
- Do you know if this problem occurs in Cantabile 1.2?
- Are you running at a hires DPI?
- Would you mind emailing me some screen shots show the problem?
1) Never ran into anything like this in v. 1.2 or the earlier betas.

2) 1440x900, I have no idea if that qualifies as hi-res these days.

3) No problem.

Build 2006 (available now) should resolve this issue.

Return to “Topten Software”