Insert Piz Here Mr. Alias 2.02 released (windows/mac/linux)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Announcing Mr. Alias 2: An essential instrument for the digital purist.

You have all heard the original Mr. Alias, either by using it firsthand after downloading it, or in 80% of the current Top 40 songs where it is featured prominently. Finally, that sound is available in a true 21st-century plugin experience.

Creating unimaginably annoying sounds is easier than ever. Mr. Alias 2 combines a state-of-the-art graphical interface with excellent MIDI controllability, along with a bewildering variety of high-quality presets. In fact, Mr. Alias 2 may be the last synthesizer you will ever use (because it will kill you).

Mr. Alias 2 is available for Windows, Mac OS X (VST and AU, Universal Binary), and Linux. The source code is available as well.

Face it, you will never make good music. Give up now and use Mr. Alias 2 instead.

Some feature highlights:
- 2 oscillators
- 18 waveforms
- Full stereo processing
- 6 filter types including a formant filter
- Filter envelope
- External audio processing
- Patch randomizer button
- Highly configurable MIDI control with MIDI learn
- MIDI-controllable patch morphing
- Included bank of 128 presets, including some by waka x
- Drag & drop preset and MIDI map loading
- Resizable GUI
- More "analog-sounding" aliasing

http://www.thepiz.org/mralias2
Last edited by insertpizhere on Sat May 23, 2009 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Yay for Mac now!

Always loved the piz stuff, even sampled trash from the various VSTs for later use in various devices.

Thanks!

:hug:
Last edited by kodama on Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

insertpizhere wrote: - More "analog-sounding" aliasing
:lol:!!!

Thanks a lot for this!

:party:

Grrreat stuff, thanks so much... wait, there's a bass preset that actually sounds like a bass... Piz goes AOG*? :P

(*AOG = Adult Oriented Glitch)
The mind boggles.

It's about time this happened.

Juanjo wrote::party:

Grrreat stuff, thanks so much... wait, there's a bass preset that actually sounds like a bass... Piz goes AOG*? :P

(*AOG = Adult Oriented Glitch)
whoops! ignore that preset.
wrongtastic, baby

hooray! it's craptastic, Piz!
..what goes around comes around..

It sounds like shit...

Thanks! :D

Hey piz congrats on the launch of Mr.Alias 2 :tu:! Cant wait to make some dreadful noise with this..

Interesting, built in patch morphing. Plans for future releases with this?(platform please platform please..)

Anyway thanks for the time and effort.
stay juicy!

i don't have anything planned, but any future effects/instruments i make will have the same midi learn & morphing stuff, mainly because i'm lazy and i'll start by copying the code from Mr. Alias 2.

by the way, if anyone has any feedback or suggestions regarding those features, i'm interested... it was a late addition and hasn't gotten much testing, but i think it's pretty good.
wrongtastic, baby

Awesome, I'm gonna try chaining it with ThisPlugin.

Sounds MAD! .... DL'd .... gonna have some fun with this beast for sure! ... Thanks piz :D

yipee !
thanxxx

i forgot to mention that it's free, unless you think free stuff automatically sucks. in that case i will accept whatever sum of money you believe would bring it up to "professional" quality. i'll also rename the dll file to "Mr. Alias 2 Pro" for no extra charge.
wrongtastic, baby

Thank you!

Return to “Instruments”