MayDay!..Reaper crashes everytime it loads...What Up?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You've probably heard this before but I'm completely out of tricks, work a rounds, Reaper Forum advise, foible Tutorial's,and every other option short of removing my hard drive and starting over with a new copy of the software, which after using since it's beginning's and yes, now paid for, I somehow cannot justify as the drive didn't crash, the software is the one that hit a tree. Computer is fine but I'm afraid my passenger is going to need medical treatment. No On-Star here,I'm sorry to say. No sexy voice with a personalized message from my desktop speakers to help and comfort the situation telling me "Ahh...Say Dave,you might wanna listen up cuz we've detected something to be amiss that needs your attention". It would appear your favorite "DAW" has taken a leave of absence for reasons that appear to be somewhat "Sketchy". As the Jury is still out as to what the problem is and may not be coming back, at least for the foreseeable future, might we call someone for you? Like who, I'm thinkin....Who's got the solution I need? I don't even know what the question is yet an I'm already looking for answers."Perhaps someone in the Know?",say's the Speaker voice reassuringly. "Alway's good to know people in the Know in the unlikely event you ain't got enough. Never know how much "know" you're gonna need till you need it no matter how much you have. It's without a doubt never enough if you always have a need for more know. I didn't know it would come to this. I thought I knew better. Turns out I knew only "All too well" and was all out of "What to do's". If anyone knows how to fix this little problem I'd be glad to return the favor if there was something I knew and they didn't but knew they needed getting known before it became something I might have forgotten. I guess it's all about "Answers"....not so much what you know as it is having the Right answers. There's never been a shortage of "Question's, everybody's got them, some more than others, too many for the most part, the rest seem to be questions that are "Questionable" at best. For these you only need a "Don't Know" or "How" or "Why" because you really don't "Care" to begin with. I don't want to start over, I just need the right answer from someone who know's what I don't. If your willing to tell me what you know about this little dilemma I can assure you I "Know" enough to not only write down the answer but to also put it someplace where I "Know" I won't soon forget it.

At least not "Knowingly"....

I need my Reaper back,
Father Time...not so much

Thanks for your support an we'll leave the light on for you, who Know's who might show up. :help:

it crashes no matter what mode you start in?

(new project, reset to factory config., etc.?)

try the reaper forums.
i am me and i am free...k thx bai

AllenPOPO wrote:try the reaper forums.
Yes... and break the book into legible paragraph please, my old eyes just can't read this.
No, that wasn't me.

Some kind of coherent information about the steps you've taken to troubleshoot would help. Otherwise we don't know if we're suggesting things you've already done.

Try temporarily re-naming your VST plugins folder and start Reaper holding the shift key, there is probably just a plugin messing it up...If it starts up that way, then go back and add plugins a few at a time until you find the culprit.

I don't see any info in there at all, and its impossible to read.

Are you starting with a fresh project or a previously saved one?

Bad plugins shouldn't prevent a fresh project from starting, what happens is they will scan as bad, and either continue, or close and then you have to start it again, this time bypassing the bad plugs.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Man alive...I can't even begin to read that original post. :o

If you've got REAPER opening up your last saved project, it could because you added a bad plugin, or two of the same synthedit plugins.

Have you updated to the latest version? Have you tried loading up a backup of your project? Have you tried a new project?

:drunk: my head hurts from trying to read that

:hihi: :hihi:

Standard advice is to go to C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\REAPER and rename REAPER.ini to REAPER.bak - then run Reaper and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't then rename the file back the way it was and try something else, such as banging your head against the wall.

Interesting lyrics. :wink:

Electrobop

First step, desist the crack and/or meth.

Second step: contact support. (while waiting I'd try deleting pref files)
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

dover666 wrote:it crashes no matter what mode you start in?

(new project, reset to factory config., etc.?)

do this and tell us exactly what happens, try and get a txt file or a screenshot

are you on windows or osx?

i forget from your rant....

:shock:

Yeah I can't read that, but have you tried starting it without scanning for any vst's? Sounds like a bad plugin; Reaper's *very* stable, something is obviously tripping it up...

LOL, where's Ben? BEN! Are you okay!!!???

I think he od'd on Ritalin, typed the first post in this thread like a madman, and then collapsed...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”