I just love GEAR! Check out these IK pics

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmmmmm... nice tubes! Have you seen this? http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 7617160146

Actually I know what they're working over there in Italy. Well, maybe some of it will be a surprise even to me. Maybe you can figure it out if you look closely and know your gear. Either way... I just love some good modeling of analog and tube gear especially the way IK does it with the real thing, not just theory. Check it out! I guess all will be revealed at NAMM which is coming up.

one looks like a leslie/or sim. Sadly, I don't "know" my gear as companies like IK are virtual and rule my life.

I was hoping the one photo would be a badcat, but seems it's something more mundane like a vox or (e-gads no please!) a fender.

I don't remember what that is, other than I've most certainly seen pictures of it.

Some look like an old MK series Boogie to me.
That heatsink, switch plugs at the bottom, 7ender style knobs ...
Ymmv,
susiwong

My first tube amp, a Peavey Royal 8, has been recalled due to risk of electric shock !
The IK modern is nice and tubey for now though :)

Too bad, the pedal looks like an Ibanez Wah. :-o
A WH-10 or something.
Not 100% sure, tried so hard to erase that one from my memory. :shrug:
Ymmv,
susiwong

This one I believe is a Vox: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 7617160146 I LOVE Vox amps. I used to have an AC10 that was amazing. I have a great 1964 AC30 with Top Boost but the transformer is ready to go any minute. Oh the beauty of modeling! I JUST paid $150 to fix it and it freaked out again in a session. But what a great sound! Beatles, Tom Petty, Queen...

Squids wrote:This one I believe is a Vox: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... 7617160146 I LOVE Vox amps. I used to have an AC10 that was amazing. I have a great 1964 AC30 with Top Boost but the transformer is ready to go any minute. Oh the beauty of modeling! I JUST paid $150 to fix it and it freaked out again in a session. But what a great sound! Beatles, Tom Petty, Queen...
Guessed that! I was only negative because the vox stuff has been emu'd so much and I'm looking for new blood :hihi: Hmmmmmmmmm.....amplitube "vox" edition?????

Yeah but I can imagine better Vox models even than the one in AmpliTube which I like but my real Vox beats that and any other mod I've found out there. So I hope it is a new AC30 Top Boost emu to be honest. Although I am not sure of that.

There IS one thing I know of that is modeled that I cannot wait to try. From what I hear it is fantastic and so far no one has really been able to model a good one so I am excited to see if the engineers at IK have nailed it. After what they did with AT Fender I am starting to get more and more excited about the possibilities of accuracy and realism. There's an art to it as well as a science. I've got a list of wants that are esoteric too like an Orange or a Hiwatt, certain pedals... I actually have a rare Shaftsbury Duo Fuzz that I'm tempted to send over to Italy but it isn't mine. It's Mike Rutherford's of Genesis and I'm just borrowing it temporarily. I could send it but if it got lost it sure would be hard to replace!!!! Yet I'd LOVE a model of that! Talk about esoteric. That and my Binson Echo Rec. But, that's me. I'm a vintage kind of guy. At the same time there are rock guitarists that want boutique stuff or Boogies and things that can do high gain stuff galore... a lot of cool things to model.

wow!!!

nice...soldering station ;-)

Squids wrote:Y At the same time there are rock guitarists that want boutique stuff
me me me! :hyper:

Geez, namm is just around the corner :o

Now the question is - how would those pieces of equipment fit together "under one roof" ?
A wild guess, might be totally wrong though :
A "Signature Rigs" bundle ...
- Santana's Boogie
- May's Vox (or somebody else's ?)
- Vai's Ibanez Wah
- that Leslie type thingie, any idea ? Lord's modded Marshall powered Leslie would be cool for example
Interesting for sure !
Cheers,
susiwong

To take speculation even further - what other unique setups of rock history would come to mind ?
Off the top of my head :
- Gilmour's Fender/Hiwatt hybrids
- Ford's Dumble
- Keith Scott's hybrids (Vox/Hiwatt afair)
- Albert Lee's Music Man
- Blackmore's Marshall Major/ AKAI Reel to Reel
- BB King's LAB
The list could go on and on ...
Cheers,
susiwong

Squids wrote:Yeah but I can imagine better Vox models even than the one in AmpliTube which I like but my real Vox beats that and any other mod I've found out there. So I hope it is a new AC30 Top Boost emu to be honest. Although I am not sure of that.
Ditto to that. The Vox in AT2 is one of my least favorite IKMM amp sims (which I overall hold in very high regards). I'd definitely love to see IK take another stab at it.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”