Mokafix Audio Distortions (12 + 2 freeware)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A sim of the ADA MP-1 would just rock this world...

It would be Rokken like Dokken! :D
Terry @ Meathook Audio

revalverman wrote:
hivefleetmegalon wrote:If you're taking requests for future projects, how about a virtual recreation of the classic Scholz Rockman? :)
+1 on this! A sim of the original Rockman would be amazing.
+1
The Rockman is where it all started (amp sim-wise that is).

electro wrote:
VintageCharlie wrote:Mokafix, thanks for the quick reply! Is something like uni-vibe and the echoplex tape echo also extremely complicated or is it still within the domain that you usually work?
What about the leslie "sims" in pedal form that don't simulate the cab - would these be possible at some point or does it also involve some complex stuff?

I understand cabs are a whole different story and i think that for now the red wire impulses really do the job well, as far as current technology allows it at least.

In case you find time for this, please let us know what the Voks setting is - a v847 or v846 - i can't wait for this VST to get out :)

All the best,

VintageCharlie
Simulanalog does the univibe
http://www.simulanalog.org/technology.htm
Thanks for the reply!

Yes, but to my ear it sounds even less real than the Vibe in AT3 (which is quite ok, but far away from beleivable).

Regards,

VintageCharlie

Just wanted to check if you're still alive :)
I thought about picking up a BDDI today, but told myself.. gnah.. give mokafix a few more weeks.
Lately I didn't have the time to play my bass anyway.

Yes, I am still alive. I had to take a month break on those.
I'm back to it now, so it should come out soon.
Sorry for the long delay...

Time has come ;)
here are demos for now :

BassRider.rar
Meat-Muffin.rar
Tiger-Wah.rar
Mwah-Ha-Wah.rar
Nu-Tron.rar

Official release (and purchase option on website) will follow next week.

There are no manuals yet.
On the wahs, the second "on/off" switch on top with the "1.0s" written next to it is an automatic bypass mode, where the FX switches automatically to bypass when you let the pedal rest at low position for a given time (1 sec by default).
It's pretty hadny for live use obviously, and some real wahs (morleys) feature that sometimes.

The stereo on Mwah ha wah works like this : the stereo switch on top concerns input. If you set the stereo mode knob to a stereo mode (inverted or delayed), output will be stereo.
So stereo switch is mainly to let you use the mono modulation mode on stereo material.
I hope you undertand me.
try it, and you will I think ;)

"inverted" mode means the wah pedal motion is inverted on the right chanel, giving a weird stereo image.
"delayed" mode is a special one where right channel modulation (not sound) is slightly delayed, giving a stereo feel only whe moving the pedal. As soon as it rests, sound feels "centered" again.

The blend on Bassrider is like on the real thing : clean channel (blend at 0%) is actually not dry at all, but filtered (band notch) (takes the sound after the very first filtering stage and only bypasses the presence, gain, and some filtering).
Knobs order reflects the order of the inner stages they control, and yes, presence stage is the first one in the circuitry.

Tiger wah is based on an opamp wah that can be driven into clipping. The way a n opamp stage distorts is pretty weird, and this one nails it. For your record, i actually updated both bassrider and meat muffin (and Ez-driver latest revamp) whith that opamp clipping algorythm, since it's so special, and studying that wah helped undertand it so much better.
Hope you enjoy them. :)

Nu-tron is freeware, so it has no limitation.

cheers,

Efflam

a few screenshots :

Awwww yeah!

These will sound so good with Dark Lady :wink:

I'll have to test them out on some synth leads soon, I'm itching to do some more sonic expeditions next week when I return from surf camp.

I fell in love with the Tiger Wah. The sound just blew me away.

Ben
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Hi, Mokafix
Thank you for making Nu-Tron freeware : it looks and sounds good !

:love:

You're welcome ;)
It had been too much time since the latest freeware.
I think what makes the Mu-tron such a classic is actually the envelope following circuit. It reacts very nicely and is really adapted to string instruments attacks.
Working on that one helped me a lot in building the Mwah Ha Wah envelope follower.

:hyper:
Mokafix wrote: On the wahs, the second "on/off" switch on top with the "1.0s" written next to it is an automatic bypass mode, where the FX switches automatically to bypass when you let the pedal rest at low position for a given time (1 sec by default).
It's pretty hadny for live use obviously, and some real wahs (morleys) feature that sometimes.
sweet. 8)

No need to demo, the SansAmp was an my wishlist since it got anounced.

Looking forward to purchasing it.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:No need to demo, the SansAmp was an my wishlist since it got anounced.

Looking forward to purchasing it.
Well, thanks for your confidence !
Though I might suggest you to try it anyway, just for compatibility sake.

I didn't have many people having troubles with their hosts, but still, you should always try a demo.
But as far as sound is concerned, if you like the orginals chances are you will enjoy the emulations.

Does playing the Tiger Wah on cougar mode attract 40 something year old single women, who still think Poison is the best band ever? 8) :lol:

Return to “Effects”