Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
CalvaryBand
KVRer

4 posts since 27 Apr, 2010

Postby CalvaryBand; Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:37 pm

Not sure if this is news but using a MOTU Ultralite MK3 w/ Moog Minimoog Model D with Studio Electronics CV Retrofit... Works great. Not many of these retrofits out there (SE did this at their very beginnings) so I figure it's worth mentioning.
dyLAB
KVRer

2 posts since 30 Jul, 2010

Postby dyLAB; Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:39 pm

hi there
i've been using the demo version and it works fine with my tb303 and sh101
the only thing I cant figure out is how to trigger accents from the tb303 using this
any ideas?
os
KVRian

1079 posts since 21 Mar, 2002, from UK

Postby os; Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:43 am

As far as I know accent control (and indeed, cv/gate control) is only available on the tb303 via a mod. So if you've not already got an input marked 'accent', you're probably out if luck.
dyLAB
KVRer

2 posts since 30 Jul, 2010

Postby dyLAB; Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:55 pm

os wrote:As far as I know accent control (and indeed, cv/gate control) is only available on the tb303 via a mod. So if you've not already got an input marked 'accent', you're probably out if luck.

yeah I have a devilfish mod 303 so there is slide accent in as well as cv and gate in
so how would I sequence accents or configure the additional outputs to control and trigger those?
os
KVRian

Postby os; Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:01 am

There are so many possibilities, it's hard to know what to suggest first. The Devilfish manual says:
A typical application is the Accent In voltage being driven by the velocity output of a MIDI to CV converter, so that those notes with a velocity above some particular value get played with Accent on.

so why not try that first. In the Silent Way Voice Controller's Output Matrix, choose one of channels 3-6 and set it to output velocity. E.g on channel 3, set the Env 1 level to 0.0 (it defaults to 1.0 on that channel) and set the Velocity level to 1.0. Then that channel will output a voltage proportional to the velocity of the MIDI note, and you can control your accents that way.
CalvaryBand
KVRer

Postby CalvaryBand; Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:03 am

I'd also like to add these synths to the roster of stuff that has worked solidly with Silent Way (I've been testing for months).

-Roland Jupiter 4 with common CV mod
-Arp Axxe
-Arp Odyssey
-Roland Juno 60 (using Silent Way to trigger arpeggiator/VCF control)
-Oberheim OB8 (using Silent Way to trigger arpeggiator/VCF control)

... This is some truly unbelievable software!
os
KVRian

Postby os; Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Thanks! I'll add them to the list.
jeanga
KVRer

1 post since 2 Jun, 2011, from United Kingdom

Postby jeanga; Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:07 am

Hi there,

Does anybody know whether Silent Way can work with a Jupiter 8. Even if it's just to sync the arpegiator to the GUI clock?
I've been trying a few thing and the only way I seem to get a little bit of signal through is by using the CV generator (using AU generators in Logic)
Help would be much appreciated, I managed to get this great machine that is the Jupiter 8 for a few weeks and I'd love to get as much as I can out of it...
Thanks in advance
CalvaryBand
KVRer

Postby CalvaryBand; Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Hi there,

Does anybody know whether Silent Way can work with a Jupiter 8. Even if it's just to sync the arpegiator to the GUI clock?
I've been trying a few thing and the only way I seem to get a little bit of signal through is by using the CV generator (using AU generators in Logic)
Help would be much appreciated, I managed to get this great machine that is the Jupiter 8 for a few weeks and I'd love to get as much as I can out of it...
Thanks in advance

I can say with 90% certainty it will work; it works with my Jupiter 4's arp and it's worked with my SH-101's arp as well. For a while I had trouble getting the trigger vst to work with them but an easy way is using the regular voice controller vst and just sending a gate from that into the arp trigger in.
CalvaryBand
KVRer

Postby CalvaryBand; Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:50 pm

Oh and you can add the Roland SH-1 and Teisco S-110F to the long list of working synths. :D
ricoche
KVRer

12 posts since 10 Nov, 2008, from Nagano City, JAPAN

Postby ricoche; Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:12 am

CalvaryBand wrote:Oh and you can add the Roland SH-1 and Teisco S-110F to the long list of working synths. :D

I just picked up a Roland SH-1 recently and am curious what Audio interface you used with Silent Way to connect to your SH-1. Thanks! - Jim
NFA
KVRist

43 posts since 17 Apr, 2006

Postby NFA; Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi All/Os,

Can anyone confirm if a mk3 MOTU interface, such as 24IO or 2408 has a lower output voltage than say a proper analogue LFO or even the expert sleepers CV modules?

regards

Kevin
os
KVRian

Postby os; Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:09 am

Yes, the MOTUs only go up to around 4 to 5V. The ES-3 by comparison does ±10V, which is the maximum range you normally find in a Eurorack modular.
Previous

Moderator: os

Return to Expert Sleepers