Audio Rezolution: Photosounder Bit and Sample Rate

Official support for: photosounder.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, can I ask what the current Bit and Sample rates are for Photosounder? I'm interested in Audio and would like to know what quality Photosounder will sample/synthesize or output. Basically, what is the rezolution as far as audio is concerned.

EDIT: Just found that the sample rate is 44100, but can it be any more? Also, can I assume it's 16bit? (I can't find no confirmation) Can the bit rate be increased/lowered also?

EDIT 2: Just found that the sample rate can be changed to 96000 (great!)

Thank you!

I just noticed that in the config.txt is says:

min_bpo = 24

The manual says this is the minimum effective pitch rezolution in pixels/octives used.

If I change this to 16 or 32 would I get 16bit or 32bit audio quality? Thanks.

Electronic1982 wrote:Hi, can I ask what the current Bit and Sample rates are for Photosounder? I'm interested in Audio and would like to know what quality Photosounder will sample/synthesize or output. Basically, what is the rezolution as far as audio is concerned.

EDIT: Just found that the sample rate is 44100, but can it be any more? Also, can I assume it's 16bit? (I can't find no confirmation) Can the bit rate be increased/lowered also?

EDIT 2: Just found that the sample rate can be changed to 96000 (great!)

Thank you!
It's 32-bit float. That's both the internal format and the WAV and AIFF format.
Electronic1982 wrote:I just noticed that in the config.txt is says:

min_bpo = 24

The manual says this is the minimum effective pitch rezolution in pixels/octives used.

If I change this to 16 or 32 would I get 16bit or 32bit audio quality? Thanks.
No, no relation.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

I've found this great free software to convert Bit & Sample rates for you. Just in case anyone wants to use it, here's the link:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

I really think Photosounder would benefit from a Bit/Sample Rate converter for the audio side of things.

Return to “Photosounder”